Israel Ministry of Defense & Japan MOD sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) agreement

Reports on current military activity
Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:55 am

The MOU between Israel and Japan signed at today, September 10, at the Japanese Ministry of Defense headquarters in Tokyo is expected to strengthen and deepen the defense cooperation and relations between the two countries.

Prime Minister and Defense Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: “I applaud the important agreement that was signed this morning with the Japanese Ministry of Defense. The agreement will deepen and strengthen security relations between the countries. We have brought Israel-Japan relations to an all-time high.”

According to Israel Ministry of Defense’s announcement, the MOU was signed by the Director of Security for the Defense Establishment, Mr. Nir Ben Moshe, accompanied by the Israel Ambassador to Japan, Mrs. Yafa Ben Ari. Japan was represented by Director General, International Affairs, Mr. Suzuki and Director General, Equipment Policy, ATLA Mr. Aoyagi.

https://i-hls.com/archives/94667
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm

What was in that MOU? What exactly can Japan offer Israel in terms of defense since Japan's SDF can't operate out there?

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
What was in that MOU? What exactly can Japan offer Israel in terms of defense since Japan's SDF can't operate out there?
My question exactly. Can Japan even supply weapons and arms outside of the country?
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

AirForceGuy

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:11 am

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
It's likely the other way around. I would say that Japan wants to buy or cooperate with Israel to produce military hardware, missile defense systems, drones and weapons systems for example, which the Israelis have shown to be very good at making.
Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest people. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that they love or hold sacred.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:01 am

AirForceGuy wrote:
It's likely the other way around. I would say that Japan wants to buy or cooperate with Israel to produce military hardware, missile defense systems, drones and weapons systems for example, which the Israelis have shown to be very good at making.
That could be it. Japan certainly is looking for defenses against North Korea and a more aggressive China.

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:20 am

[Reference post_id=103340 time=1568264506 user_id=2]
AirForceGuy wrote:
That could be it. Japan certainly is looking for defenses against North Korea and a more aggressive China.
[/quote]

Psalm 81 reference Israel- Egypt? Tension in israel region for your post.? Sort of on topic.sorry.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:01 am

Yingyang wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:20 am
Psalm 81 reference Israel- Egypt? Tension in israel region for your post.? Sort of on topic.sorry.
No. It was meant to be a stand-alone. Nothing to do with any specific area of interest.