DRPK 30july Missle test

Reports on current military activity
Travis The Dragon
Regular contributor
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 am

South Korea Says North Korea Fired More Projectiles Into the Sea: https://time.com/5653703/south-korea-no ... ojectiles/
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
Albert Einstein

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 6030
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:32 am

Travis The Dragon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 am
South Korea Says North Korea Fired More Projectiles Into the Sea: https://time.com/5653703/south-korea-no ... ojectiles/
Although these shots are meant more to express NK's displeasure, they are also allowing NK to better perfect their missile tech.

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9601
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:42 pm

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Tuesday that denuclearization talks with North Korea have not resumed as quickly as hoped.

"We haven't gotten back to the table as quickly as we hoped, but we've been pretty clear all along, we knew there would be bumps along the way," Pompeo said in an interview with CBS, according to Reuters.

https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190820 ... tion=nk/nk

Travis The Dragon
Regular contributor
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Why even bother with denuclearization talks? It's never going to happen.
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
Albert Einstein

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2504
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:43 am

Travis The Dragon wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 pm
Why even bother with denuclearization talks? It's never going to happen.
Better to have a line of communication that will lead to nothing, than to cut it all off and never know what the enemy is doing. Even during the cold war the leader of Russia and the US had a hotline phone to eachother in case something went down.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 3482
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:29 pm
Contact:

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:20 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:32 am
Travis The Dragon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 am
South Korea Says North Korea Fired More Projectiles Into the Sea: https://time.com/5653703/south-korea-no ... ojectiles/
Although these shots are meant more to express NK's displeasure, they are also allowing NK to better perfect their missile tech.
Very true. What I am really curious to see if NK ever decides to test OVER Japan again what could be the consequences, if any at all?
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9601
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:23 pm

North Korea continued nuclear activities last year even when leader Kim Jong-un engaged in a flurry of diplomatic activities over denuclearization of the country, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said in an annual report.

According to the 2018 report, the Yongbyon Experimental Nuclear Power Plant reactor was operated until mid-August. The Yongbyon complex is the North's main nuclear facility, which it had offered to dismantle in exchange for major sanctions relief.
https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190821 ... tion=nk/nk

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9601
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Japan has upgraded its estimate of North Korea's nuclear weapons capability in an upcoming annual Defence White Paper, saying it seems Pyongyang has achieved the miniaturization of warheads, the Yomiuri newspaper said in an unsourced report on Wednesday

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... ssion=true

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 6030
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 am

krzepice1976 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:27 pm
Japan has upgraded its estimate of North Korea's nuclear weapons capability in an upcoming annual Defence White Paper, saying it seems Pyongyang has achieved the miniaturization of warheads, the Yomiuri newspaper said in an unsourced report on Wednesday

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... ssion=true
We're going to hold off putting that in our monthly report until it becomes official. As it stands, it's just a rumour, and who knows if Japan is going to follow through with it. Probably will.

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9601
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 pm

"North Korea has reportedly removed used fuel rods from its main Yongbyon nuclear complex to get a fresh source of plutonium, the radioactive chemical element necessary to produce nuclear weapons." https://t.co/NIUQqTNife

Post Reply