Iran/US Tensions #6/9/19

Reports on current military activity
Ben D

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:21 am

But why would someone in such a high position in the US Administration like Pompeo suggest the US assessment pointed to Iran when the evidence is so weak. That video that purports to show Iranians is so poor a quality it ain't worth squat. There may very well be third parties such as Saudi, etc, involved, but they would have to be in league with the US. I mean the US surveillance capability with all the resources they have available in the area would produce results that you could take to the bank if it really were the Iranians.

Erecon

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Ben D wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:21 am
But why would someone in such a high position in the US Administration like Pompeo suggest the US assessment pointed to Iran when the evidence is so weak. That video that purports to show Iranians is so poor a quality it ain't worth squat. There may very well be third parties such as Saudi, etc, involved, but they would have to be in league with the US. I mean the US surveillance capability with all the resources they have available in the area would produce results that you could take to the bank if it really were the Iranians.

The USA will use any opotunity to swing the public on their side, but I agree only allies would back the USA up ( not NATO unless they are attacked, but the 5 eyes maybe even the 7 eyes ) with this so called evidence.. The USA isnt commited to use force unless they get attacked first. ( it will simply cost alot, and it will give a 3rd party less time to get equal or stronger then the USA )

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:17 pm

This so-called "proof video" is absolutely ridiculous.That should be a proof? :lol:

Obreid
Regular contributor

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 pm

It’s noteworthy that the two tankers attacked carried product bound for Japan. On the same day PM Abe arrived in Tehran in an attempt to mediate the situation.

I still maintain if this was an Iranian act it would be in keeping with their style. In effect demonstrating to Abe the question in black and white, who’s side are you on?

All that being said nothing overt needs to be done to retaliate by the US. Ignore it, if it is Iran and they keep doing it it will become clear to everyone.

In the black world the US should throw everything they have at subverting the Iranian government, asymmetric warfare I suppose you could call it. Which in reality we already have been doing for awhile.

The Mulahs and IRG

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Ben D wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:12 am
The Japanese ship operator says sailors on board the Kokuka Courageous, one of the vessels attacked near the Strait of Hormuz, saw “flying objects” just before the attack, suggesting the tanker wasn’t damaged by mines.

That account contradicts what the U.S. military has said as it released a video it says shows Iranian forces removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the two ships in the suspected attack.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/14/japanese- ... er-attack/

Hmmm....why am I not surprised stories don't jive...
Did you forget that Iran is also holding many of his employees in Iran? Ofcourse he is going to say whatever the Iranians want him to say, until they are released anyhow.

The fact that the video shows the Irainian Republican Gaurd boat removing a mine is clear cut for everyone. If it wasn't their mine they would never risk getting blown back to Afghanistan.

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Silent wrote:
This so-called "proof video" is absolutely ridiculous.That should be a proof? :lol:
Iran sank 168 ships in the 80s tanker wars. They nearly sunk one of our ships with a mine. We seen it was the same type of mine we had just found on an Irainian boat we seized the week prior and let our Navy get some revenge.

Iran uses this same triangle shaped limpet mine, given how high it was above the water line and the one exploding just before dawn, it had to be placed there by a boat that night or it would have been spotted by the crew or someone before nightfall as it made its way through the tight shipping lane of the straights.

Unless you think our honorable Navy Seals would pull some crap like that? Given the cargo no American would ever stoop that low.

Ben D

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:46 pm

rudemarine wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Did you forget that Iran is also holding many of his employees in Iran? Ofcourse he is going to say whatever the Iranians want him to say, until they are released anyhow.

The fact that the video shows the Irainian Republican Gaurd boat removing a mine is clear cut for everyone. If it wasn't their mine they would never risk getting blown back to Afghanistan.
I am not aware of any employees of the ships owner being held in Iran, please provide details?

And no, I don't see from that video that it was actually Iranians in the boat, please explain how you can you tell they are Iranians?

"Trump administration providing ‘false’ information about Gulf of Oman attack, says Japanese tanker owner"

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-administra ... 47066.html

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Three mortars landed at Balad air base, 40 miles north of Iraqi capital of Baghdad.
US troops are stationed at the base.

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:03 pm

rudemarine wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35 pm
Silent wrote:
Iran sank 168 ships in the 80s tanker wars. They nearly sunk one of our ships with a mine. We seen it was the same type of mine we had just found on an Irainian boat we seized the week prior and let our Navy get some revenge.

Iran uses this same triangle shaped limpet mine, given how high it was above the water line and the one exploding just before dawn, it had to be placed there by a boat that night or it would have been spotted by the crew or someone before nightfall as it made its way through the tight shipping lane of the straights.

Unless you think our honorable Navy Seals would pull some crap like that? Given the cargo no American would ever stoop that low.
I think about the lies and "evidence" before the Vietnam War and Iraq war. To the appearance of Powell at the UN, the incubator lie (Kuwait).

If one no longer believes the "evidence of the USA so easily, then the USA is guilty of it.

Obreid
Regular contributor

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:21 pm

It’s simple just ignore it, if it is Iran - playing it down and yawning will piss them off all the more. And if it is them they will continue. Let them keep digging their own hole and when it becomes clear then the proper response will be evident.

As for the video it’s provenance could be proven but hard to do because it would require a look inside USN tech and capacity to do so. Us average deplorables will never see that. And as far as ginned up wars don’t forget about Syria or Lybia.