Interesting article on Russia’s S-400 system.

A forum to report and analyze technological progress in the military sector.
Post Reply
Obreid
Regular contributor
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:51 am

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:22 am

Seems accidents at sea make for good cover if true.
Key component of Russian S-400 system enabling them to track and engage US F-22’s and 35 were damaged in a storm off the coast of England. Therefore making this S-400 system non-effective against US stealth. Thwarting Chines efforts to neutralize American air dominance over Taiwan and Japan.

One interesting point made I’ve not seen anywhere else. India recently was able to paint and track china’s newest “stealth” fighter with an “older” Russian air defense system. So much for Chines stralth if true.
Russia claims their newer air defense system can track the US Stealth fighters but it has no real stealth technology to test this on. At this point their ability it seems are based on theory.
It’s puzzled me how Russians and China could be so far ahead of US in hypersonic development yet china’s latest fighters are utilizing older Russian engine designs if not just older engines

User avatar
RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Contact:

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Obreid wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:22 am
Seems accidents at sea make for good cover if true.
Key component of Russian S-400 system enabling them to track and engage US F-22’s and 35 were damaged in a storm off the coast of England. Therefore making this S-400 system non-effective against US stealth. Thwarting Chines efforts to neutralize American air dominance over Taiwan and Japan.

One interesting point made I’ve not seen anywhere else. India recently was able to paint and track china’s newest “stealth” fighter with an “older” Russian air defense system. So much for Chines stralth if true.
Russia claims their newer air defense system can track the US Stealth fighters but it has no real stealth technology to test this on. At this point their ability it seems are based on theory.
It’s puzzled me how Russians and China could be so far ahead of US in hypersonic development yet china’s latest fighters are utilizing older Russian engine designs if not just older engines
Seems to me China and Russia don't put the same emphasis on their aircraft operating over enemy territory undetected as the US does. With drone and missile technology at their current levels, I honestly don't know why the US needs the B-21. Live pilots operating planes from the cockpit are going the way of the dinosaur.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

User avatar
Garniv
.
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:10 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:24 pm
Seems to me China and Russia don't put the same emphasis on their aircraft operating over enemy territory undetected as the US does. With drone and missile technology at their current levels, I honestly don't know why the US needs the B-21. Live pilots operating planes from the cockpit are going the way of the dinosaur.
Live pilots operating aircraft from the cockpit more resistant to EW jamming :geek:
"We will rest! We'll hear angels, we'll see all sky in diamonds, we'll see how all earthly evil, all our sufferings drown in the mercy that will fill the whole world, and our life will become quiet, tender, sweet as a caress."

Obreid
Regular contributor
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:51 am

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:11 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:24 pm
Obreid wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:22 am
Seems accidents at sea make for good cover if true.
Key component of Russian S-400 system enabling them to track and engage US F-22’s and 35 were damaged in a storm off the coast of England. Therefore making this S-400 system non-effective against US stealth. Thwarting Chines efforts to neutralize American air dominance over Taiwan and Japan.

One interesting point made I’ve not seen anywhere else. India recently was able to paint and track china’s newest “stealth” fighter with an “older” Russian air defense system. So much for Chines stralth if true.
Russia claims their newer air defense system can track the US Stealth fighters but it has no real stealth technology to test this on. At this point their ability it seems are based on theory.
It’s puzzled me how Russians and China could be so far ahead of US in hypersonic development yet china’s latest fighters are utilizing older Russian engine designs if not just older engines
Seems to me China and Russia don't put the same emphasis on their aircraft operating over enemy territory undetected as the US does. With drone and missile technology at their current levels, I honestly don't know why the US needs the B-21. Live pilots operating planes from the cockpit are going the way of the dinosaur.
This is valid point but the tech to penetrate and roam enemy air space is always a game changer manned or unmanned.
The ability of stealth coupled with all weather capabilities to gather intelligence and deliver kinetic energy make a Hugh difference.
China’s concept of a battlefield is nothing like Korea.
Their kinetic weapons are packaged in glossy cutouts to look high tech. But are mostly just swarm and overwhelming charges made by disposable infrantry which today looks like hundreds of fire and forget missles charging over the horizon.
Another thing to consider, who has live experience at utilizing these new weapons.
Israel and US working togeather on a real world missle defense tired system. Capabilities and failures of their system are tested everyday out of Gaza and the Golon heights. It’s not perfect but nothing shakes out the bugs like necessity of survival.

On a completely different track about the the battle between east and west has already began concider the following article.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/secret-coal ... 60707.html

It explores the concept of “resource and legal” warfare China has already adopted. The Paris climate accord is as more about which nation will dominate the next century than climate.

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:01 am

Wed May 08, 2019 3:56 am

Obreid wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:11 pm
RiffRaff wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:24 pm
Obreid wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:22 am
Seems accidents at sea make for good cover if true.
Key component of Russian S-400 system enabling them to track and engage US F-22’s and 35 were damaged in a storm off the coast of England. Therefore making this S-400 system non-effective against US stealth. Thwarting Chines efforts to neutralize American air dominance over Taiwan and Japan.

One interesting point made I’ve not seen anywhere else. India recently was able to paint and track china’s newest “stealth” fighter with an “older” Russian air defense system. So much for Chines stralth if true.
Russia claims their newer air defense system can track the US Stealth fighters but it has no real stealth technology to test this on. At this point their ability it seems are based on theory.
It’s puzzled me how Russians and China could be so far ahead of US in hypersonic development yet china’s latest fighters are utilizing older Russian engine designs if not just older engines
Seems to me China and Russia don't put the same emphasis on their aircraft operating over enemy territory undetected as the US does. With drone and missile technology at their current levels, I honestly don't know why the US needs the B-21. Live pilots operating planes from the cockpit are going the way of the dinosaur.
This is valid point but the tech to penetrate and roam enemy air space is always a game changer manned or unmanned.
The ability of stealth coupled with all weather capabilities to gather intelligence and deliver kinetic energy make a Hugh difference.
China’s concept of a battlefield is nothing like Korea.
Their kinetic weapons are packaged in glossy cutouts to look high tech. But are mostly just swarm and overwhelming charges made by disposable infrantry which today looks like hundreds of fire and forget missles charging over the horizon.
Another thing to consider, who has live experience at utilizing these new weapons.
Israel and US working togeather on a real world missle defense tired system. Capabilities and failures of their system are tested everyday out of Gaza and the Golon heights. It’s not perfect but nothing shakes out the bugs like necessity of survival.

On a completely different track about the the battle between east and west has already began concider the following article.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/secret-coal ... 60707.html

It explores the concept of “resource and legal” warfare China has already adopted. The Paris climate accord is as more about which nation will dominate the next century than climate.
Excellent article, thanks for posting. It appears that it's not only the Russians using hybrid warfare, the Chinese are bringing it to a new level to match us.
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun

Post Reply