Modern 'Nabrosok' Artillery System Being Developed in Russia - Land Forces Chief

A forum to report and analyze technological progress in the military sector.
ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:58 am

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Russia’s modern Nabrosok artillery system is being under development, and will be used in the country’s missile troops and artillery, Russian Commander-in-Chief of the Land Forces Col. Gen. Oleg Salyukov said in an interview published on Sunday.

"For missile troops and artillery, the Nabrosok battalion-level complex of artillery and mortar weapons with different versions of the chassis, including for the Arctic units, is being developed," Salyukov told the Moskovskij Komsomolets (MK) newspaper, when asked what new weapons for the ground forces can be expected to be created soon.

He added that the development of the Koalitsiya-SV self-propelled gun with the new Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact shooting mode was almost completed.
Salyukov also said that the ground forces were expecting to receive Armata tanks, Kurganets-25 modular platforms, and Bumerang amphibious wheeled armored personnel carrier soon.

That is literally the entire article. It sounds like the modernizations are near completion. Since artillery is the king of the battle, hopefully, the EU or some European countries can get their act together for a common defense against the Bear. If I were them I'd be a little unnerved at how their neighbor to the north has upgraded his army from Soviet throwbacks to a professional force. It'd be a shame to see a modern army have nowhere to deploy to. My guess, the Middle East first as the testing grounds.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201809 ... artillery/
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun