Turkish lawyers want US soldiers arrested for 'ties to coup movement'

Reports on political activity with strategic consequences.
Silent
Regular contributor

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Turkish lawyers are calling for US soldiers at Incirlik Air Base to be arrested, alleging they have ties to the movement behind the 2016 coup attempt. They want the base searched via warrants and flights leaving it to be halted.
As the political row between Ankara and Washington intensifies, the attorneys from the pro-government Association for Social Justice and Aid ask for the “arrest of the commanders of the US Air Force who are the superiors of the soldiers based at Incirlik and took a role in the failed coup attempt on July 15, 2016.”

https://www.rt.com/news/435730-turkish- ... ign=chrome

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:50 pm

LOLOL
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America

Silent
Regular contributor

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:12 pm

I do not know if the US will be laughing when Turkey is looking for Russia and China as new allies.
I would pull off the nuclear weapons stored in Turkey as quickly as possible, the Sultan and the Turks are unpredictable in their reactions if they put as much pressure as the US is doing now.
The US is not invulnerable, laughter is out of place

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Silent wrote:
I do not know if the US will be laughing when Turkey is looking for Russia and China as new allies.
I would pull off the nuclear weapons stored in Turkey as quickly as possible, the Sultan and the Turks are unpredictable in their reactions if they put as much pressure as the US is doing now.
I don't really think the US and Turkey share the same interests. NATO really should consider cutting them out.

Silent
Regular contributor

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:12 pm

'We'll get new friends': Upset Erdogan lashes out at US in speech and article in US paper
Washington has "upset" Turkey with its "unilateralism and disrespect," Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said at a rally. He also wrote in the New York Times that Ankara will be forced to look for "new friends and allies."
https://www.rt.com/news/435739-turkey-u ... ign=chrome
---------------------------------------------
by by NATO.

Silent
Regular contributor

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:15 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 pm
Silent wrote:
I don't really think the US and Turkey share the same interests. NATO really should consider cutting them out.
And thus damage the southern flank of NATO extremely?

Silent
Regular contributor

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:25 pm

#Turkish President @RT_Erdogan says #Turkey is ready to say goodbye to the #US because it sacrifices “their strategic partnership and alliance of over 50 years with a country of 81 million people for the sake of their relations with terrorist organizations.”

https://twitter.com/IntelCrab

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Silent wrote:
[/quote]

NATO doesn't really have a southern flank with Turkey. Will Turkey really stand with NATO when it comes down to it? I don't think so.

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm
Silent wrote:

NATO doesn't really have a southern flank with Turkey. Will Turkey really stand with NATO when it comes down to it? I don't think so.
Its why I think its such a joke. By now the US/NATO has already factored in all their war plans with Russia without Turkey in the picture. Besides that NATO douse not need Turkey for a key defense against Russian aggression either. NATO have many more ways now, its not like it was in the cold war era where half of EU was Russian owned.

Do I view a Russia NATO conflict a joke no. Do I view Turkeys role in any crisis with Russia serious, no as well as logically speaking the US douse not either from the chatter coming out of Turkey for the past almost year now.
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America

yewstmlab

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:28 am

Better to have a weakened flank than a compromised flank.