Iranian General Says Islamic Forces are Awaiting Orders to "Eradicate" Israel

Reports on current military activity
RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 am

An “international Islamic army” has formed on Israel’s border with Syria and is awaiting orders to attack the Jewish State, according to a speech given recently by the deputy commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards (IRGC).

“Today an international Islamic army has been formed in Syria, and the voices of the Muslims are heard near the Golan,” he said. “Orders are awaited, so that… the eradication of the evil regime [Israel] will land and the life of this regime will be ended for good. The life of the Zionist regime was never in danger as it is now.”
https://worldisraelnews.com/iranian-gen ... te-israel/

Also being reported in the Times of Israel and other sources.

I need to know if this is reliable enough to post to Twitter.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:17 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 am
An “international Islamic army” has formed on Israel’s border with Syria and is awaiting orders to attack the Jewish State, according to a speech given recently by the deputy commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards (IRGC).

“Today an international Islamic army has been formed in Syria, and the voices of the Muslims are heard near the Golan,” he said. “Orders are awaited, so that… the eradication of the evil regime [Israel] will land and the life of this regime will be ended for good. The life of the Zionist regime was never in danger as it is now.”
https://worldisraelnews.com/iranian-gen ... te-israel/

Also being reported in the Times of Israel and other sources.

I need to know if this is reliable enough to post to Twitter.
I think the article is accurate in its reporting. I just think Iran is blowing hot air. They are always making this bellicose threat.

Of course, with Israel attacking Syria, there probably is a large army ready to strike Israel. But not as large as Iran likes to make it seem. And Iran likes to imagine itself as the leader of the ME, which it certainly isn't.

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:54 pm

As reported on Zerohedge
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07- ... -netanyahu
The IRGC officer also warned that Lebanon’s Hezbollah militia, which is participating in the war in Syria against Islamist militants, has some 100,000 missiles aimed at Israel. “We are creating might in Lebanon because we want to fight our enemy from there with all our strength,” Salami said.
I'm not buying into the 100,000 missiles claim, even with the latest in "Inshallah guidance systems", I doubt they'd hit. It's the one with the nuclear material fired from Lebanon that I'd be concerned with.
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Here is an interesting tweet:
Russia trying to remove Iran from Syria border in exchange for Israel getting out of Assad's way, Israeli sources say
https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/1 ... 2969693187

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:34 pm

"We won't take action against the Assad regime, and you get the Iranians out," the official, who requested anonymity, quoted Netanyahu as telling Putin during a meeting in Moscow.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... ssion=true

Obreid
Regular contributor

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:13 am

This is not a fight Russia wants, not so much with Israel directly but another greater Syrian war. 1. They can’t afford it. 2. They can’t control the IRG or mullahs.

They told Iran to pull out last year and Iran ignored them.
In push come to shove Russia I believe will stand down as they have in past if left untouched.

IRG will not stop build up and a fight will come from it.
US air and navel power will come in to play. We’re already flying cap for Israel in the region and believe providing air refueling for their lightenings.

The trick is not to damage Russian forces directly or cause Putin to lose to much face. Hope the intelligence is good.

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:28 am

Obreid wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:13 am
This is not a fight Russia wants, not so much with Israel directly but another greater Syrian war. 1. They can’t afford it. 2. They can’t control the IRG or mullahs.

They told Iran to pull out last year and Iran ignored them.
In push come to shove Russia I believe will stand down as they have in past if left untouched.

IRG will not stop build up and a fight will come from it.
US air and navel power will come in to play. We’re already flying cap for Israel in the region and believe providing air refueling for their lightenings.

The trick is not to damage Russian forces directly or cause Putin to lose to much face. Hope the intelligence is good.
This is why we ask via the deconfliction line. If they lie like last February and his troops get slaughtered its not our fault. If Russia cant drive out Iranian forces, Israeli ground forces will go into full beat down mode and clobber Syria and Lebanon while making Israels Biblical ancient border whole again.