China threatening US DoD’s technological, industrial base, say Pentagon officials

Reports on current military activity
Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:24 am

China is posing an unprecedented threat to the US Department of Defense’s (DoD) technological and industrial base, Pentagon officials said during a 21 June hearing of the US House Armed Services Committee.

“China has made it a national goal to acquire foreign technologies to not only advance its economy, but also to use these technologies to advance its military capabilities, and it is doing so through both licit and illicit means,” Kari Bingen, Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence at the DoD, said in an joint opening statement with other DoD officials.

Bingen told the committee that “continued globalisation and our open society” in academia and business has offered China and others access to the same technology and information that is “critical to the success of our future warfighting capabilities”.

http://www.janes.com/article/81273/china-threatening-us
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:05 am

Anyone remember the opening battle scenes from the first Cylon attack on the Galactica right after they nuked the colonies, and how all the advanced Vipers just shut down in mid-flight?
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:26 am

RiffRaff wrote:
Anyone remember the opening battle scenes from the first Cylon attack on the Galactica right after they nuked the colonies, and how all the advanced Vipers just shut down in mid-flight?
Yes battle star galactica loved that show. Unfortunately our planes won't stop motionless in the sky for the pilots .

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:47 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Ah, Battlestar Galactica. Now you're fracking talking my language! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just watched some of the classic Battlestar Galactica episode Experiment in Terra last night.

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:
Ah, Battlestar Galactica. Now you're fracking talking my language! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just watched some of the classic Battlestar Galactica episode Experiment in Terra last night.
I've been trying to find a copy of "The Plan" online, but I'm failing miserably. I only watched it one time, and I would love to be able to watch each one alongside the original timeline of BSG. I hear you're a bigger fan of the original than the remake?
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

MapleVortex

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:48 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
And you all made fun of Canada for our ancient CF-18s and never buying new technology! We'll be the ones flying the world's equivalent of 100 year old vipers \o. :lol:

So did not see that turn of events coming here hahahahaha

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:16 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 pm
DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
I've been trying to find a copy of "The Plan" online, but I'm failing miserably. I only watched it one time, and I would love to be able to watch each one alongside the original timeline of BSG. I hear you're a bigger fan of the original than the remake?
"The Plan" was an attempt to try and make sense of all the loose threads and contradictions in the main series. It was a good try. I enjoyed it for its effort.

Better is "Blood and Chrome". Watch that. It's a prequel, but it is good.

Yes, I think the classic series is better if you take into account the times it was made in. The fan edit of the series is really good.

Okay, back to the thread topic please. :D