N. Korea cancels high-level talks with S. Korea, threatens to nix U.S. summit

Reports on political activity with strategic consequences.
RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 am
Do in the end, do you think the summit will go forward?
Doubtful at this point. We've been down this same road with DPRK three times before, and all three times the end result was the same. I'm not sure they were ever serious about it, to be honest.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

willrod1989

Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 pm
DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 am
Do in the end, do you think the summit will go forward?
Doubtful at this point. We've been down this same road with DPRK three times before, and all three times the end result was the same. I'm not sure they were ever serious about it, to be honest.
Looking at these latest statements, I feel the same way now. They were more than likely just buying for time to finish their reentry vehicle, and to try to paint the United States as the aggressor. If nothing changes, I'm afraid that the chances for war will only continue to grow.

Green
Regular contributor

Thu May 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Nothing fruitful will come of this summit unless both parties go into it willing to give up something.
This whole thing is setting itself up to be extremely anti climactic.

Kim just passes trump a fortune cookie, that just says " f**k you "
That scene in breaking bad when tio salamanca goes to the DEA and makes it look like hes going to snitch comes to mind.
s u c k m y ....

Soldier1985

Fri May 18, 2018 2:32 am

If negotiations fail, the chance of Juche Bird in the coming months would increase greatly, since the re-entry vehicle must be ready. Making the situation dramatic.

The situation will get worse very quickly. US carrying out a naval blockade and North Korea conducting the test in the Pacific.

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Sat May 19, 2018 4:43 am

North Korea having talks with the South was a total head fake, saw that a mile away. Korea can unify under "dear Leader", or not at all.
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun