A lot of Volcanic activity

Threats from nature can be more devastating than threats from Mankind. Here is where you can talk about them.
Gu_cci

Thu May 10, 2018 10:25 am

treyhlb42 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 pm
I just remember why the majority of the community now uses the discord...This is just flat out fear mongering over Yellowstone, Reminds me of THE SUN, Yeah that one news site that fear mongers and doom mongers every time the us makes a military move or even claims doomsday every day?
As it has been said countless of times here already: It's not fear mongering. It's information that is publicly available to anyone. Comparing statistics from the last years until today indeed shows a change and in volcanic activity and every person is obliged to raise awareness about this issue and not just ignore it.

If the US makes a military move, the DEFCON Warning System (NGO) gives a report and determines the current state, while the official state is unknown. Even though we have not reached a critical state so far, it's better to keep people awake instead of making it look like harmless. That's not fear mongering. That's keeping people awake. Let's assume there would be a case where it really could escalate: If someone knew all these events were about to happen and warned all the people, then the ones who believed them and researched themselves, have more time to prepare, thus are more likely to survive, while the people calling it fear mongering will be shocked when the events actually took place.

Once again: It's better to warn people than just ignoring each military move. Also, the literal sense of this NGO even existing IS to share military moves by the US. If you still didn't get that, this place is not for you. Thank you.

Brad Dormer

Thu May 10, 2018 2:09 pm

USGS says explosive activity is possible with Kilauea as lava lake continues to drop (now down 800+ feet from where it should be). Once and if this hits ground water, it's going to get ugly.
Storm Chaser/Spotter

Obreid
Regular contributor

Thu May 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Brad Dormer wrote:
USGS says explosive activity is possible with Kilauea as lava lake continues to drop (now down 800+ feet from where it should be). Once and if this hits ground water, it's going to get ugly.
Is the consern it will be a flash steam type explosion? I know that any steam explosion can be violent but how does that compare to a magma eruption. Or will it be something different entirely.

Brad Dormer

Thu May 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Obreid wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:51 pm
Brad Dormer wrote:
Is the consern it will be a flash steam type explosion? I know that any steam explosion can be violent but how does that compare to a magma eruption. Or will it be something different entirely.
I'm not too sure, they didn't necessarily give any specifics, if I hear anymore I'll post it here.
Storm Chaser/Spotter

Brad Dormer

Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm

According to the USGS a "larger" eruption is now "virtually inevitable". Parts of the area around the volcano would be essentially smothered in ash and many more homes would be damaged or destroyed when and if this larger eruption happens.
Storm Chaser/Spotter

Vortex

Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 am

Brad Dormer wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm
According to the USGS a "larger" eruption is now "virtually inevitable". Parts of the area around the volcano would be essentially smothered in ash and many more homes would be damaged or destroyed when and if this larger eruption happens.
Further reading

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status ... 33952?s=19

Brad Dormer

Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 pm

USGS has now moved Kilauea to a RED/WARNING which indicates a major eruption is imminent, occuring, or suspected because of hazardous activity on the ground and in the air.
Storm Chaser/Spotter

Vortex

Wed May 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Ash clouds from Kilauea volcano prompt red alert on Hawaii's Big Island
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/16/us/h ... index.html

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Hawaii and Philippines ring of fire ? Who's next?

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Fri May 18, 2018 2:34 pm

I am kinda predicting a mega quake to happen again over in Asia, the last mega quake happened in Asia in 2011 happened as Hawaii volcanoes drained then days after the mega quake hit. Well the volcano is draining again, so if patterns are real which we all know they are, we should be seeing mega quake somewhere on the ring fire again.

Asia has already had a 6.9 quake yesterday I think or day before, was a deep quake on ring of fire. So my Guess is we will see a 7.9-8.9 quake somewhere in the ring soon.

Not to mention the 15 active volcanoes right now not just Hawaii, there is obviously a lot of stress on the tech plates, so what happens when huge amount of stress builds up on the plates right? Need I say more...
"Alert Today! Alive Tomorrow! Support Civil Defense!"
– Me

"Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons."
– R. Buckminster Fuller