(URGENT) N.K leader watches H-bomb to be loaded on new ICBM: KCNA

Reports on current military activity
YuppiePrep

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Not sure exactly where to post this... and it's a stub headline by Yonhap, no details yet. Details likely to follow.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/20 ... 00315.html

YuppiePrep

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Here's details from KCNA Watch - https://kcnawatch.co/newstream/15043897 ... onization/

Pyongyang, September 3 (KCNA) -- Respected Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un guided the work for nuclear weaponization on the spot.

He was greeted by senior officials of the Department of Munitions Industry of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) and scientists of the Nuclear Weapons Institute before being briefed on the details of nuclear weaponization.

The institute recently succeeded in making a more developed nuke, true to the strategic intention of the WPK for bringing about a signal turn in nuclear weaponization.

He watched an H-bomb to be loaded into new ICBM.

Saying that he felt the pride of indomitably bolstering up the nuclear forces at a great price while seeing the Juche-oriented thermonuclear weapon with super explosive power made by our own efforts and technology, he expressed great satisfaction over the fact that our scientists do anything without fail if the party is determined to do.

He was acquainted himself with technical specifications and structural and operational characters of the H-bomb.

The scientists further upgraded its technical performance at a higher ultra-modern level on the basis of precious successes made in the first H-bomb test.

The H-bomb, the explosive power of which is adjustable from tens kiloton to hundreds kiloton, is a multi-functional thermonuclear nuke with great destructive power which can be detonated even at high altitudes for super-powerful EMP attack according to strategic goals.

All components of the H-bomb were homemade and all the processes ranging from the production of weapons-grade nuclear materials to precision processing of components and their assembling were put on the Juche basis, thus enabling the country to produce powerful nuclear weapons as many as it wants, he said.

Noting that the scientists, technicians, workers, soldiers and officials in the atomic power industry, who have made devoted efforts to raising the level of nuclear weaponization up to its perfection as intended by the Party, are creditable "nuclear combatants" of the Party who are upholding its line of simultaneously developing the two fronts with the strongest nukes, he highly praised their exploits.

Underlining the need for the institute to dynamically conduct the campaign for successfully concluding the final-stage research and development for perfecting the state nuclear force, he set forth tasks to be fulfilled in the research into nukes. -0-

RiffRaff
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Yeah, I just saw this myself and came here to post it. Anything from KCNA should be taken with a grain of salt. I found the picture interesting, however:

That looks like a small two-stage device. Also note the picture behind them showing the device inside a warhead.

Could just be a plastic model, too. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Livingston

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:59 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:12 pm
Yeah, I just saw this myself and came here to post it. Anything from KCNA should be taken with a grain of salt. I found the picture interesting, however:

That looks like a small two-stage device. Also note the picture behind them showing the device inside a warhead.

Could just be a plastic model, too. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
Well, I'm more inclined to believe that what their propaganda channel is saying, is actually true, but they oversell the message. Remember in early 2016 when the world laughed at these pictures? Image

And we already know what the IC community says
“The IC [intelligence community] assesses North Korea has produced nuclear weapons for ballistic missile delivery, to include delivery by ICBM-class missiles,”

The United States calculated last month that up to 60 nuclear weapons are now controlled by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Some independent experts think the number is much smaller.
And just earlier today France warned that DPRK would be able to hit Europe with nuclear ICBMs in "few months". So I'll take it with a grain of salt, as you say, but they are probably pretty close to what they are saying.

So much turbulence in the world right now. God bless.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:35 am

The question is: can it fly?

Encyclopath
Regular contributor

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:39 am

They definitely don't have thermonuclear capabilites yet, so if they say this warhead is one in the same way that previous one were, I'm not as concerned.
The next logical step in their program would be a move to thermonuclear devices, but the language doesn't strike me as announcing such a breakthrough

YuppiePrep

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:42 am

The logical next step is a test. With Foundation Day around the corner (Sept 9), that seems a likely time to celebrate.

Livingston

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:48 am

Posting the latest pictures here

Eastcoast902

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:08 am

I think it if it is real it's going to blow up on the launch pad 🤣

RiffRaff
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:14 am

Eastcoast902 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:08 am
I think it if it is real it's going to blow up on the launch pad 🤣
If it does, it will contaminate a huge area with radioactive material, making North Korea even more desperate than it already is.
Underestimating and mocking North Korea has been going on for too long. This should be taken seriously.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day