US to consider attacking Assad's forces

Reports on current military activity
Beяnie
Regular contributor

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:38 pm

Kilroy wrote:of all of the regrettable affairs and s**tshows we've been a part of and created in the Middle Eastern Theatre, this decision alone could prove to be the most disastrous. As TheArtist stated above, Putin may be mostly posturing but he is definitely not bluffing. Russia WILL respond and things could quickly spiral out of control
^^^^
"You are remembered for the rules you break, not the ones you follow"
- General Douglas MacArthur

BygmesterFinn
Regular contributor

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Beяnie wrote:
Kilroy wrote:of all of the regrettable affairs and s**tshows we've been a part of and created in the Middle Eastern Theatre, this decision alone could prove to be the most disastrous. As TheArtist stated above, Putin may be mostly posturing but he is definitely not bluffing. Russia WILL respond and things could quickly spiral out of control
^^^^
I'm all likelihood, the airstrikes aren't getting approved. The article even says so...

Tamu2019

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:02 am

Could someone please explain to me what value Syria is to us aside from saving the people and keeping it out of ISIS' hands, to the point where we would even entertain the idea of going to war against a direct military ally of Russia?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Fox One

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:15 am

Tamu2019 wrote:Could someone please explain to me what value Syria is to us aside from saving the people and keeping it out of ISIS' hands, to the point where we would even entertain the idea of going to war against a direct military ally of Russia?
Forgive the language, but it basically boils down to nothing more than a prick waving contest between the U.S. and Russia. Right now Russia is proclaiming to have the biggest. There's no way we (the U.S.) can allow that to go unchecked. By openly discussing this as an option, it is just our governments way of unbuttoning America's pants and telling the Russians to get a look at this big boy.

Get use to this fellas. The methods used by both sides in the past Cold War will be used once again in this one. Anything the U.S. supports or holds dear, Russia will try to undermine. And of course we'll do exactly the same to them. Anything that happens anywhere in the world, expect the U.S. and Russia to be totally at odds with each other when it comes to a solution. Never mind who is wrong or who is right. Anything that is good for one will be viewed as bad for the other. Counteraction and attempts to undermine each other will become the name of the game. And it will occur at basically every opportunity presented, big or small.

Emphatic_apparatek
Regular contributor

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:05 am

TheArtist wrote:STUPID. I'm tired of us being imperialists and global thugs. We do what this article says, we'll get our comeuppance. Some people thinking we can just wipe the floor with Russia will have a rude awakening. Yeah, sure, we might win conventionally. But I really believe Putin would rather see the entire world burn than to lose. Backed into a corner with military defeat looming, you can bet your ass he'd let em fly.
My sentiments, too. We are the largest terrorist organization on earth, and I don't blame our enemies for hating us, they have every right to. I actually empathize with them more than I do us. We have no one to blame but ourselves, we created our enemies, both real and imagined; the ones they use to keep the public scared of muslims and other minorities.. If I were them, I would be doing the exact same thing that they have been doing since we invaded.

Tamu2019

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:29 am

Fox One wrote:
Tamu2019 wrote:Could someone please explain to me what value Syria is to us aside from saving the people and keeping it out of ISIS' hands, to the point where we would even entertain the idea of going to war against a direct military ally of Russia?
Forgive the language, but it basically boils down to nothing more than a prick waving contest between the U.S. and Russia. Right now Russia is proclaiming to have the biggest. There's no way we (the U.S.) can allow that to go unchecked. By openly discussing this as an option, it is just our governments way of unbuttoning America's pants and telling the Russians to get a look at this big boy.

Get use to this fellas. The methods used by both sides in the past Cold War will be used once again in this one. Anything the U.S. supports or holds dear, Russia will try to undermine. And of course we'll do exactly the same to them. Anything that happens anywhere in the world, expect the U.S. and Russia to be totally at odds with each other when it comes to a solution. Never mind who is wrong or who is right. Anything that is good for one will be viewed as bad for the other. Counteraction and attempts to undermine each other will become the name of the game. And it will occur at basically every opportunity presented, big or small.
Thanks for the analogy, it actually made things pretty clear. I can't believe our relations with Russia have devolved to this. I'm no whimsical idealist, but it just sucks to think of what could be accomplished if the US and Russia didn't think they have a claim to the world and to do whatever the hell they want.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Obreid
Regular contributor

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:59 am

Putin told us 2 years ago to stay out of syria. We supported the trumped up rebels and aided at the very least the growth of ISIS. I'm not surprised at all Russia has done what they have done. It was predictable to see that were still fighting a war by proxy and state department and NSA officials are implying we would have to carry out attacks and not take credit for them. My frustration isn't with the previous statement it is with the foolish and underhanded actions of my government on both sides of the isle. If I got to political I apologize but I just watched a part of the debate and popped a blood vessel.

kilo365
Regular contributor

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:25 am

We wanna sample the s300 to see if they work.

steve5304

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:11 am

kilo365 wrote:We wanna sample the s300 to see if they work.

They definitely work

matty1053
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:36 am

I highly doubt we will strike.

I bet anyone $100 and a free bunker with food supplies and stuff, that we will not strike Asad.

Mark my digital typed words.

Well we already did attack Assad in the air strike that killed tens of men.