Syrian General Thread 9-20-16

Reports on current military activity
Navarro
Power poster 2
Power poster 2

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Video of the above subject, released by the Russian Defense Ministry, showing an alleged rebel pickup truck pulling what appears to be a towed weapon alongside the parked convoy.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/2016 ... onvoy.html
Last edited by Navarro on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: @DefconNavarro

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:30 pm

So, using this logic, if I understand it correctly, if I'm driving my 18-wheeler down Interstate 70, minding my own business, and a bank robber pulls up alongside me in his 1980 Camaro getaway car, then the police are justified in sending both of us to prison for bank robbery?

Is that a correct analogy?
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:31 pm

RiffRaff wrote:So, using this logic, if I understand it correctly, if I'm driving my 18-wheeler down Interstate 70, minding my own business, and a bank robber pulls up alongside me in his 1980 Camaro getaway car, then the police are justified in sending both of us to prison for bank robbery?

...that would appear to be the analogy, yes.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Beяnie
Regular contributor

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:36 pm

jayfeather31 wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:So, using this logic, if I understand it correctly, if I'm driving my 18-wheeler down Interstate 70, minding my own business, and a bank robber pulls up alongside me in his 1980 Camaro getaway car, then the police are justified in sending both of us to prison for bank robbery?

Huh...
"You are remembered for the rules you break, not the ones you follow"
- General Douglas MacArthur

pnitro4

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Sky News Newsdesk @SkyNewsBreak 3m3 minutes ago
Reuters: U.S. officials say they believe two Russian SU-24s carried out airstrike on an aid convoy near #Aleppo based on location and timing

TruthandJustice
Regular contributor

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:44 pm

jayfeather31 wrote:

Yes I tend to agree. The end doesn't justify the means here. The fact that they were denying even being there in the first place lets you know that they know they crossed the line.

TheSearcher

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 pm

TruthandJustice wrote:
jayfeather31 wrote:

Yes I tend to agree. The end doesn't justify the means here. The fact that they were denying even being there in the first place lets you know that they know they crossed the line.
Yeah... I know there are a lot of people who's gut reaction is "the 'mericans are lying", but I think Russia really FUBAR'd here.

TheSearcher

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:56 pm

It looks like a rebel pickup with towed artillery was traveling alongside the aid convoy, and the Russians burned down the convoy in trying to take out the rebels. My hunch is that the rebel was using the convoy as a human shield, and Russia decided not to care. Bad move.

TheSearcher

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:02 pm

That's curious.

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:08 pm

So that is definitely the convoy I was looking at when the stream first started, there were many cars going past. I also saw quite a few motorbikes travelling past at high speeds.

To say that these people are using the convoy as cover is just completely fucking ridiculous. What a joke.