Pakistani PM warns World of unimaginable fallout of escalation between two nuclear armed rivals

Reports on current military activity
DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:46 pm

krzepice1976 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:21 am
If a war breaks out between India and Pakistan, it will be quick, dirty and deadly.
This is my biggest concern. With a conflict between the US and Russia, we will likely see signs of a build-up of tensions.

With India and Pakistan, we are so used to conflict over there that a flare-up will go unnoticed until too late. We'll probably only have hours to a couple days to react.

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:05 am

Pakistan and other lunatic Arab nations can never be trusted with nuclear weapons because they will use them first. Whoever does use them first will be wiped off the map just for doing so, except Israel that is. They cant defend themselves against a massive invasion without Nukes today and they can hit any nation on that side of earth to fight with the big boys should that be necessary.

India is very quiet normally so unless Pakistan does something really stupid I think this is just more smack talk than anything.

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:09 am

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:46 pm
krzepice1976 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:21 am
If a war breaks out between India and Pakistan, it will be quick, dirty and deadly.
This is my biggest concern. With a conflict between the US and Russia, we will likely see signs of a build-up of tensions.

With India and Pakistan, we are so used to conflict over there that a flare-up will go unnoticed until too late. We'll probably only have hours to a couple days to react.
Not really. Remember when all our bombers went up one night a three years or so ago and nobody had a clue why? One wrong move by Russia almost got world war 3 started dam quick.

flintlock

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:55 am

I don't remember that particular incident. do you have an article about it or anything? I do remember something right before the last presidential election. If I recall correctly there were no fly zones getting put in place over the missile fields in Montana that time.

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:23 pm

flintlock wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:55 am
I don't remember that particular incident. do you have an article about it or anything? I do remember something right before the last presidential election. If I recall correctly there were no fly zones getting put in place over the missile fields in Montana that time.
A statement posted on its website read: “Tensions between Russia and the United States have reached levels beyond the cold war in the recent week.

“The situation between Russia and the United States is extremely fluid at the moment. In all likelihood as dynamic as at times during the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962.

“At this time, the DEFCON Warning System feels that an increase to DEFCON 3 would be a prudent move.

Russian citizens have been encouraged to find bomb shelters and gas masks today, as state-sponsored infomercials on television gave out guidelines on how people should prepare for a nuclear attack.

President Vladimir Putin meanwhile has ordered the evacuation of 40 million people in a military drill.

He also transferred nuclear-capable Iskander ballistic missiles to one of its strategic Baltic regions last week, in what officials claim was part of regular military manoeuvres.

However many world leaders fear the moves are being carried out in preparation for war.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/72 ... Russia-WW3

The sentence in bold is what sent our bombers airborne but they were not really plain ole Iskanders, they were the Nuclear SSC-8 Novators. Iskanders on steroids with better brains!!

Suddenly seeing these deployed to northern Poland had NATO think Russia was about to attack. If Russia had not got a warning from spies here, that all our bombers had launched the US could have taken the opportunity to launch a first strike and ended Russia but put the world in a nuclear winter for quite a while. Scary thought given who was our leader at the time, Hiltlery Clinton!!!