Too many separate threads on the same topic in military events section

Feedback to the Admin and Staff of the DEFCON Warning System. Comments and suggestions welcome regarding the System or the Message Board or any part of the DEFCON Warning System.
Travis The Dragon
Regular contributor

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:20 am

Sometimes in the military events section, many threads at the same time on the same topic get open and I think that can cause too much confusion and maybe sometimes be unnecessary or overdoing it. I'll point out the most recent happenings to show what I mean.

On July 11, Krzepice started a DPRK summer 2019 thread. Now, based on the titled of that thread, shouldn't EVERYTHING that happens with the DPRK until September be posted in that thread? I would think so. Yet, within just 2 weeks of that thread, which still has NO replies by the way, THREE other separate DPRK threads have been started! I just think that's way too much overkill and gets confusing at times. Another issue with too many threads is that you never know which thread members will select to put breaking news and updates in so important things might get missed. If major events do occur, why not simply change the title of the thread to reflect those updates? Or at least have no more than 2 threads on the same topic going so there's not so much to check. What are your thoughts on this?
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
Albert Einstein

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:59 am

We try to merge threads but sometimes miss something. We used to have someone who was dedicated to keeping the forum under control, but she has since moved on.

Travis The Dragon
Regular contributor

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:19 pm

I understand, but I'm also hoping that the regular posters who give updates all the time will agree and maybe not start new threads quite as often. Drumboy and Krzepice, wouldn't you agree? Just think if it's really truly that important. There's nothing new about Kim test firing missiles. And did Kim inspecting a submarine really need a new thread? At the same time, I do truly appreciate all of the effort given here and know that if anything super major occurred, we would definitely know about. I just don't think this place needs to quite as overboard as it does.
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
Albert Einstein

Travis The Dragon
Regular contributor

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Well, I see by recent threads started, that too much won't change around here. That's cool though! I'm just glad to have a place like this to get all of this valuable information and VERY VERY MUCH appreciate all the efforts put forth so we can remain so well informed. Thank you everyone! And a HUGE thank you to the owner of this site as well!
Albert Einstein

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 am

Travis The Dragon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:16 pm
Well, I see by recent threads started, that too much won't change around here. That's cool though! I'm just glad to have a place like this to get all of this valuable information and VERY VERY MUCH appreciate all the efforts put forth so we can remain so well informed. Thank you everyone! And a HUGE thank you to the owner of this site as well!
When it's slow, we're a bit more lax about policing it because it's still pretty easy to catch all the information. But when things pick up, we'll be a lot more stringent as it helps to keep info from being buried.