Venezuela?

Reports on current military activity
krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9570
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:27 pm

"We keep all options on the table (in regards to #Venezuela) because it’s very important, in that we don’t know how things will proceed," @SecPompeo tells @VOANoticias.
https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/111714 ... 48161?s=19

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9570
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:28 pm

The United States on Friday announced more sanctions on shipping companies transporting oil from Venezuela, blacklisting four shipping companies and nine vessels, some of which the U.S. Treasury Department said carried oil to Cuba

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... ssion=true


DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2504
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:02 am

I smell Marines.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9570
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 pm

The United States will use its economic tools to the maximum capacity to constrict Maduro and ensure that his cronies no longer pilfer what rightfully belongs to the people of Venezuela.
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/statu ... 36290?s=19

Garniv
.
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:15 am

krzepice1976 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 pm
The United States will use its economic tools to the maximum capacity to constrict Maduro and ensure that his cronies no longer pilfer what rightfully belongs to .
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/statu ... 36290?s=19
I think anyone understands that tools applied to the whole country will only make worse the lives of the ordinary people of Venezuela, not Maduro...
"We will rest! We'll hear angels, we'll see all sky in diamonds, we'll see how all earthly evil, all our sufferings drown in the mercy that will fill the whole world, and our life will become quiet, tender, sweet as a caress."

lcurle
Regular contributor
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:15 pm

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:07 am

DirtyDevil69 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:02 am
I smell Marines.
They wouldn't be the first wave in.
Lee

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 6019
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Garniv wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:15 am
krzepice1976 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 pm
The United States will use its economic tools to the maximum capacity to constrict Maduro and ensure that his cronies no longer pilfer what rightfully belongs to .
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/statu ... 36290?s=19
I think anyone understands that tools applied to the whole country will only make worse the lives of the ordinary people of Venezuela, not Maduro...
Of course. Maduro has insulated himself. The problem is, there isn't really anything anyone can do that won't affect the population as a whole. So the alternative is to do what? Nothing?

It's harsh, but even an invasion will affect the population. What the US is doing is the lesser of two evils.

Maybe an invasion would be a good thing. Get it over with fast.

Garniv
.
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 pm
Of course. Maduro has insulated himself. The problem is, there isn't really anything anyone can do that won't affect the population as a whole. So the alternative is to do what? Nothing?
It's harsh, but even an invasion will affect the population. What the US is doing is the lesser of two evils.
Maybe an invasion would be a good thing. Get it over with fast.
The alternatives are: discussion, negotiations. Better talks for months, rather than invasion for weeks.
"We will rest! We'll hear angels, we'll see all sky in diamonds, we'll see how all earthly evil, all our sufferings drown in the mercy that will fill the whole world, and our life will become quiet, tender, sweet as a caress."

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 6019
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:27 am

Garniv wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm
DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 pm
Of course. Maduro has insulated himself. The problem is, there isn't really anything anyone can do that won't affect the population as a whole. So the alternative is to do what? Nothing?
It's harsh, but even an invasion will affect the population. What the US is doing is the lesser of two evils.
Maybe an invasion would be a good thing. Get it over with fast.
The alternatives are: discussion, negotiations. Better talks for months, rather than invasion for weeks.
At what point do you say talks don't work. And how long are the people of Venezuela to wait until you come to that point?

Post Reply