If Hillary Clinton is elected President, do you believe the U.S. will go to war with Russia?

Defense related and not covered in the other categories? Then it goes here.
MajorHorse

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Hey all. I think that most of us can agree that neither one of the presidential candidates are ideal. Hillary has previously stated that she would implement a "no-fly zone" into Syria in order to get Russia to stop bombing certain places. It's likely that if implemented, Russia would not abide by this no-fly zone. That could potentially lead to something really, really, bad.

What do you all think? Would Hillary drag us off to war? Would Trump? Would Hillary make relations with Russia BETTER? Or would she keep them at the current climate?

(If mods feel this thread belongs in the Politics section, that is fine)

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:49 pm

It is impossible to tell, but if I had to be a guess, the chances of war with Russia could rise if Clinton is elected, but that does not necessarily mean that Trump would not fall into that category.

As I said earlier, it's impossible to tell.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

MajorHorse

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:51 pm

jayfeather31 wrote:It is impossible to tell, but if I had to be a guess, the chances of war with Russia could rise if Clinton is elected, but that does not necessarily mean that Trump would not fall into that category.

As I said earlier, it's impossible to tell.
Yeah, we can't really tell, but we can make guesses. I do find Hillary's comments regarding Russia to be concerning, though. At least Trump wants to improve relations with Russia, not strain them even further.

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:52 pm

They definitely wouldnt stay the same with her, theyd get worse.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Russia REALLY doesn't like Clinton. Which surprises me. Clinton's thirst for power won't stop at the US Presidency, and the only way to get more is to get world leaders on her side. So irritating Russia can't be part of her agenda.

My bet is that all of this is bluster to get into office and then we'll see a change in her.

Then again, I could be wrong and she is more of a hawk and actually stands by her threats. Certainly Russia thinks she will.

As I said before: With Trump, there is more likely to be a war. With Clinton, it is more likely that the US will be involved in a war. Pick your poison.

Sean

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Clinton's gloating over the lynching of another nation's leader strikes me as a danger to international affairs.

buoyme

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:52 pm

"We came, we saw, he died." - Hillary Clinton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqYJRc0TJkQ

Harbinger

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:55 pm

It's not a question of whether or not you think Hilary wants to start a war, and more a matter of if you think the special interests and banks that own her will want one started. The answer is yes. She will do what she is told. If she is told to start WW3, she will do just that.

I am not alone in my views, and if she is elected, I will be finishing my underground shelter at great personal expense. God help us all.
Pro Patria Vigilans

BygmesterFinn
Regular contributor

Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:44 am

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:Russia REALLY doesn't like Clinton. Which surprises me. Clinton's thirst for power won't stop at the US Presidency, and the only way to get more is to get world leaders on her side. So irritating Russia can't be part of her agenda.

My bet is that all of this is bluster to get into office and then we'll see a change in her.

Then again, I could be wrong and she is more of a hawk and actually stands by her threats. Certainly Russia thinks she will.

As I said before: With Trump, there is more likely to be a war. With Clinton, it is more likely that the US will be involved in a war. Pick your poison.
Especially when you consider her behind doors comments on Syria when she told Goldman Sachs that an air campaign inside Syria is infeasible.

Bigniko600

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Clinton is a War Mongering Globalist.

I have more faith in Trump than Hillary. That is one Evil Woman who will do anything for money and power.

She would sell her daughter for a bag of chips to become a world leader for the Globalists