Police Run Over Protesters Outside US Embassy in Manila

Defense related and not covered in the other categories? Then it goes here.
Navarro
Power poster 2
Power poster 2

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:04 pm

"A rally protesting the presence of American troops in the Philippines has turned violent outside the US embassy in Manila, with police using tear gas against demonstrators. Several people were run over by a police van. AP footage shows the van repeatedly ramming into protesters as it drove back and forth among the crowd."
https://www.rt.com/news/363247-philippi ... t-clashes/

I've never understood protestors. You achieve nothing. Yet you're choosing to face a horde of armed and armored enemies who might destroy you at any moment. It makes no sense. As Rommel said, "don't fight a battle if you gain nothing by winning," especially if you know you'll lose if any battle actually occurs.
Twitter: @DefconNavarro

Beяnie
Regular contributor

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Geez.
"You are remembered for the rules you break, not the ones you follow"
- General Douglas MacArthur

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:25 pm

Beяnie wrote:Geez.
Geez, indeed. :|
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Well thats funny.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:57 pm

DirtyDevil69 wrote:Well thats funny.
...could you clarify as to how a tragic incident like this is funny? :|
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
~Jayfeather

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:02 pm

jayfeather31 wrote:
One, i hate protesters. Two, i hate violent protestors. Three, they are protesting troops that id wager my life on are the only reason they arent chinese citizens yet.

I believe police forces around the globe need to be given more power to keep things civil, and this is one of the reasons. If the police had the power to keep things civil, the driver wouldnt have panicked, and people wouldnt have gotten run over.

"Tragic". No, far from it. They sure as hell deserved it. Now if they were peacefully protesting, id take issue.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:14 pm

DirtyDevil69 wrote:
jayfeather31 wrote:
One, i hate protesters. Two, i hate violent protestors. Three, they are protesting troops that id wager my life on are the only reason they arent chinese citizens yet.

I believe police forces around the globe need to be given more power to keep things civil, and this is one of the reasons. If the police had the power to keep things civil, the driver wouldnt have panicked, and people wouldnt have gotten run over.

"Tragic". No, far from it. They sure as hell deserved it. Now if they were peacefully protesting, id take issue.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on this, because from what you've said, you've clearly found this enjoyable.
~Albert Einstein
~Jayfeather