BREAKING: UK LEAVES EU

Defense related and not covered in the other categories? Then it goes here.
Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:31 am

Bravo wrote:
JohnStone wrote:(...) The EU is a trading bloc, not an alliance. I doubt this will affect NATO.
It´s not only a trading bloc, the EU is also a defense alliance like the NATO. This is reglemented in the contract of Lissabon from 2007.

Its also a part of the EU Contract (Article 42) :
( 7 ) In the event of armed aggression on its territory of a Member State owe the other Member States it all in its power assistance and support , in accordance with Article 51 of the UN Charter . This prejudice the specific character of the security and defense policy of certain Member States .

Commitments and cooperation in this area shall be consistent with commitments under the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation , which remains the foundation of their collective defense and the forum for its implementation for its member states .
This is partly why they voted to leave. The UK doesn't want an EU army competing with NATO. And there was apparently talk of it.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

dryjoy

Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:44 am

Worldwatcher wrote:
Bravo wrote:
JohnStone wrote:(...) The EU is a trading bloc, not an alliance. I doubt this will affect NATO.
It´s not only a trading bloc, the EU is also a defense alliance like the NATO. This is reglemented in the contract of Lissabon from 2007.

( 7 ) In the event of armed aggression on its territory of a Member State owe the other Member States it all in its power assistance and support , in accordance with Article 51 of the UN Charter . This prejudice the specific character of the security and defense policy of certain Member States .

Commitments and cooperation in this area shall be consistent with commitments under the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation , which remains the foundation of their collective defense and the forum for its implementation for its member states .
This is partly why they voted to leave. The UK doesn't want an EU army competing with NATO. And there was apparently talk of it.
I have not heard anything about this from either the leave or remain campaigns. This was not in any way a significant factor in the vote, it was a fringe factor at most. It was all about the economy and immigration, plus emotive arguments about democracy.

Bravo

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:26 am

In my opinion it´s possible that the EU may falls apart and triggers a Second Great Depression. The strongest economies in the EU are struggling with migrants from the third world and the costs of this "refugee" madness. (Up to 50 Billion Euros for Germany in the next years)
And now they´re facing perhaps a new Euro Crisis with unclear ending. I dont see how our so called leader could solve that.
Sorry for my bad english

#Noislamineurope

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:01 pm

dryjoy wrote:
Worldwatcher wrote:
Bravo wrote: It´s not only a trading bloc, the EU is also a defense alliance like the NATO. This is reglemented in the contract of Lissabon from 2007.

I have not heard anything about this from either the leave or remain campaigns. This was not in any way a significant factor in the vote, it was a fringe factor at most. It was all about the economy and immigration, plus emotive arguments about democracy.
I know, I said partly and apparently, because there was no solid evidence, only rumours and "leaks", even still, the UK voted on relevant issues.
On the radio I heard

Quantumlogic

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:11 pm

I think the costs for Britain are gonna be high. Germany, France and the benelux nations are not gonna give Britain an easy way out. This is costing them al lot of money and letting them go easy might give the wrong signal to others. They do not want to give other countries the idea that leaving is simple and easy.

I think that the stability of the kingdom is at stake here. Quite funny is that pro voters started a petition to declare London independent.

https://www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-dec ... oin-the-eu

HavocWreaker

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:35 pm

Geez...no offense to anyone who does, but I've never felt this thankful to not live in the U.K. or the E.U. right now. I sure hope both manage to get their act together.

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Rule, Britannia! Britannia rule the waves!
Britons never will be slaves

well done British !

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Silent wrote:Rule, Britannia! Britannia rule the waves!
Britons never will be slaves

well done British !

I can't get over this :lol: :lol: :lol:
RULE!
On the radio I heard

HavocWreaker

Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:07 pm

Dow Jones plummeted 500 points immediately after opening, although it appears to be slowly recovering.

matty1053
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Investors are just over reacting.... just like they consistently do on a daily basis.

Imagine if the media was covering the incident in Europe about the US and Russian Strategic weapon placements/movements... The market would have went way down.