Welcome to our new members!

Defense related and not covered in the other categories? Then it goes here.
Jaster Meerell

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:13 pm

I recently came across this forum looking for a good source of information and found a community of people who shared a similar passion for military and geopolitical events as I have. I've been a lurker for a bit, testing the waters, and found it was finally time to introduce myself.

I'm a 22 year old who has been studying Geopolitics, Military and History since I could start reading 1000 page non-fiction books, around 4th grade. Unfortunately I never graduated High School; a multitude of events in my junior year in High School forced me to make some tough decisions, like for example taking care of my mother, who is now much better now. I'm now at a stage where I need to figure out my future and having this forum of like-minded people to discuss my passions with helps me greatly.

I appreciate the great community you have here and look forward to the future the best I can.

P.S: My name is a reference to the trainer of Jango Fett, if you didn't know.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Jaster Meerell wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:13 pm
I recently came across this forum looking for a good source of information and found a community of people who shared a similar passion for military and geopolitical events as I have. I've been a lurker for a bit, testing the waters, and found it was finally time to introduce myself.

I'm a 22 year old who has been studying Geopolitics, Military and History since I could start reading 1000 page non-fiction books, around 4th grade. Unfortunately I never graduated High School; a multitude of events in my junior year in High School forced me to make some tough decisions, like for example taking care of my mother, who is now much better now. I'm now at a stage where I need to figure out my future and having this forum of like-minded people to discuss my passions with helps me greatly.

I appreciate the great community you have here and look forward to the future the best I can.

P.S: My name is a reference to the trainer of Jango Fett, if you didn't know.
Glad you desided to join!
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

Jaster Meerell

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Thank you, I'm glad you'll have me. :)

Daisy222

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi there, my name is Daisy Simpson. I've been working for over 20 years in IT sector, as Project Manager, Team Leader and focused mainly in areas of IT services, e-Learning and consulting and now a days i am working for online dissertation help.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:45 am

Daisy222 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 pm
Hi there, my name is Daisy Simpson. I've been working for over 20 years in IT sector, as Project Manager, Team Leader and focused mainly in areas of IT services, e-Learning and consulting and now a days i am working for online dissertation help.
What type of dissertation are you writing?

ApplePie

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:31 pm

I’ve lurked on here for a while, decided to join so I could post in the “ask-the-director” thread.

Honestly I’ve been watching the news all week, and I’ve basically become a nervous wreck. There’s scary stuff going on, and I find myself wondering how people didn’t go crazy during the Cold War.

I’m always open to assurances and quips to lighten my mood.

Other than that, I’m a undergrad who is graduating in May. I’ve also recently got some writing published in a literary magazine which will come out in May.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm

ApplePie wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:31 pm
I’ve lurked on here for a while, decided to join so I could post in the “ask-the-director” thread.

Honestly I’ve been watching the news all week, and I’ve basically become a nervous wreck. There’s scary stuff going on, and I find myself wondering how people didn’t go crazy during the Cold War.

I’m always open to assurances and quips to lighten my mood.

Other than that, I’m a undergrad who is graduating in May. I’ve also recently got some writing published in a literary magazine which will come out in May.
Good to have you here! Well, if your strongly concerned about whats going on your doing the right thing by educating yourself. And guess what...You came to the right place.
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

November_SSN

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm a huge geopolitics and military nerd from Belgium, and I've joined this site to discuss these topics and potential conflict dangers without looking like an absolute madman like when I do it IRL. I've got a Master's degree in political science, have lived in Belgium, Germany and Russia (I'm back there for a couple months right now) and have been studying military history since I know what a plane and a tank are. I've been recently alarmed at the huge difference in opinions and comprehension of each other displayed by Western Europeans and Russians - let alone Americans, so I'm working as hard as I can to introduce all sides to how the others are feeling, and how they're looking at the situation and understanding it. I often disagree with the viewpoints I'm describing, but I think it's necessary to know what the other side is thinking when geopolitical tensions are high, it's one reliable way to tone down the warmongering. Of course, it's still of limited use when you're talking to the average John Doe, but hey, John Doe talks to his friends, and they all vote, so why not try?

And IRL, I'm 37, work as an interpreter, and am married with kids ; another good reason to want for peace to remain.

Have a nice day everyone!

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:44 pm

November_SSN wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:09 pm
I've got a Master's degree in political science
Political science was one of my favourite courses in college. Of course, I never took it on the level you have.