Welcome to our new members!

Defense related and not covered in the other categories? Then it goes here.
Isapheus

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:07 am

>.<

I do apologize for sort of reviving this old thread, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I've frequented this site since early October of 2016 and have been satisfied with the updates that you guys contribute to it. I thought it was prudent to register so I could add my input where I thought it would be fitting, juxtaposed to mentioning to Facebook friends "hey guys, guess what just happened." I also wanted to say I appreciate the effort that the staff and members put into their posting. I've always been the kind to open myself up to all that I could know instead of hiding away because of fear. I'm glad to hop aboard!

MathieuS

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:47 am

Isapheus wrote:>.<

I do apologize for sort of reviving this old thread, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I've frequented this site since early October of 2016 and have been satisfied with the updates that you guys contribute to it. I thought it was prudent to register so I could add my input where I thought it would be fitting, juxtaposed to mentioning to Facebook friends "hey guys, guess what just happened." I also wanted to say I appreciate the effort that the staff and members put into their posting. I've always been the kind to open myself up to all that I could know instead of hiding away because of fear. I'm glad to hop aboard!
That's what the thread is for. I'm sort of new here as well. Have been lurking for a while now. So welcome to you too

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Welcome KYprep, sounds like last two topics will entertain you as well. :shock: :lol: a little humour and emergency readiness.

jerisull

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 pm

thanks for the kind welcomes,I to am no expert so i'll probably have more questions than anything else for now except when it comes to opinions or thoughts again thanks.

SolutionStrategist1

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello All --
I am a Private Security Strategist for clients including telecom, education, mid-sized business, and the chemical mfg industry in about a dozen countries (I'm based on a cattle ranch in the US).
I am FEMA certified in counter terrorism strategy and am thinking of stepping up to be a regional CERT POC for the central Midwest.

I teach ccw, & self defense to private citizens with an emphasis in improvised weapons & crisis planning via CPTED (crime prevention through environmental design).

I tripped across this site while looking for intelligent discussion of the hypotheticals and scenarios that I wrangle all day (primarily mitigating risk re: political, environmental and criminal challenges).
So far I an EXTREMELY impressed with the lively discussion and sharing of information. Thank you all for your generosity and community!

'It's better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war'.
SolutionStrategist1

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 pm

SolutionStrategist1 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:21 pm
Hello All --
I am a Private Security Strategist for clients including telecom, education, mid-sized business, and the chemical mfg industry in about a dozen countries (I'm based on a cattle ranch in the US).
I am FEMA certified in counter terrorism strategy and am thinking of stepping up to be a regional CERT POC for the central Midwest.

I teach ccw, & self defense to private citizens with an emphasis in improvised weapons & crisis planning via CPTED (crime prevention through environmental design).

I tripped across this site while looking for intelligent discussion of the hypotheticals and scenarios that I wrangle all day (primarily mitigating risk re: political, environmental and criminal challenges).
So far I an EXTREMELY impressed with the lively discussion and sharing of information. Thank you all for your generosity and community!

'It's better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war'.
SolutionStrategist1
Very impressive credentials. We're glad you're here!

willrod1989

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:36 am

Hello, everyone. I'm a new member to the forum, though I've been a frequent visitor to this site since March of this year. I figured I should probably introduce myself, since I've been around unofficially for a few months.

My name is Will, and I 28 year old medical student (specializing in Emergency Medicine) in the Midwestern United States. I am somewhat new to being a prepper, but the current geopolitical situation in the past couple of years has really opened my eyes. The fact that the mainstream media and politicians refuse to acknowledge that we are in the midst of a new Cold War is morally outrageous, and indeed, the lack of knowledge will make confronting the reality of our situation that much more difficult.

I'm hoping that I can learn from everyone's experience in the field of emergency preparedness, as well as being of assistance in regards to preparing for medical emergencies. Since I grew up without the specter of global thermonuclear war being a major existential threat, I also hope to learn more about the current political situation, and sound the alarm to as many people as I can.

I look forward to getting to know you all more in the foreseeable future :)

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:09 pm

willrod1989 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:36 am
Hello, everyone. I'm a new member to the forum, though I've been a frequent visitor to this site since March of this year. I figured I should probably introduce myself, since I've been around unofficially for a few months.

Hi! Glad to see you here!
My name is Will, and I 28 year old medical student (specializing in Emergency Medicine) in the Midwestern United States.
We have a little something in common. I'm a firefighter/EMT.
The fact that the mainstream media and politicians refuse to acknowledge that we are in the midst of a new Cold War is morally outrageous
The think -- disturbingly -- is that the public thinks nothing can happen to them. Look at any disaster, like the recent hurricanes. How many people were actually ready? Not many. Because "it can't happen to me."

Sad when so much is preventable.

expat42451

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:40 am

First want to say hello. Second express my appreciation for the quality and tone of the posters and posts here. I have been visiting the forum for over a year and recently several times daily given what seems to pass for geopolitics lately......I find some of the best information here.

I am from the US, live in Ecuador, have been here for a number of years. As far as qualifications I am not military or ex military. I am an avid news buff, tecchie (analog and digital), do occasional coding, licensed amateur radio operator (extra class) although currently inactive. I learned what prepping and awareness skills I know from having done some solo offshore sailing when I was younger, avid backpacker and camper today (I am 66 years old) still do some non technical climbing, and before I moved to a country where firearms are very difficult to own, I enjoyed hunting and target shooting.

Many thanks to all of you for the excellent forum. It is a pleasure and honour to be here.

Regards

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:07 am

expat42451 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:40 am
First want to say hello. Second express my appreciation for the quality and tone of the posters and posts here. I have been visiting the forum for over a year and recently several times daily given what seems to pass for geopolitics lately......I find some of the best information here.

I am from the US, live in Ecuador, have been here for a number of years. As far as qualifications I am not military or ex military. I am an avid news buff, tecchie (analog and digital), do occasional coding, licensed amateur radio operator (extra class) although currently inactive. I learned what prepping and awareness skills I know from having done some solo offshore sailing when I was younger, avid backpacker and camper today (I am 66 years old) still do some non technical climbing, and before I moved to a country where firearms are very difficult to own, I enjoyed hunting and target shooting.

Many thanks to all of you for the excellent forum. It is a pleasure and honour to be here.

Regards
Be careful it can be addictive :lol: Thank you for joining!
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "