Welcome to our new members!

Defense related and not covered in the other categories? Then it goes here.
hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:15 pm

basecamp2000 wrote:...

I just got chased out of one thread, - don't know where the best place is to give good advice around here.
Wah?

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:19 pm

hrng wrote:
basecamp2000 wrote:...

I just got chased out of one thread, - don't know where the best place is to give good advice around here.
Wah?
Well what thread was that?
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

buoyme

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:36 am

First time here and new member. I hail from the midwest near Indianapolis. Happy to be here to learn and participate when time permits.

The latest uptick in rhetoric is extremely concerning to me. Having worked previously with someone who was at Cheyenne Mt. I learned a few things, one being when to pay attention. I became aware of the threat of nuclear annihilation on my own after watching the day after back in the early 90s. Since then I've picked up about every video there is on the subject and have kind of obsessed, unfortunately, about the thought of my kids having to suffer through such a war.Anyway.. I'm armed and prepared, 15 miles from Indy and its airport, a potential target.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:59 pm

buoyme wrote:First time here and new member. I hail from the midwest near Indianapolis. Happy to be here to learn and participate when time permits.

The latest uptick in rhetoric is extremely concerning to me. Having worked previously with someone who was at Cheyenne Mt. I learned a few things, one being when to pay attention. I became aware of the threat of nuclear annihilation on my own after watching the day after back in the early 90s. Since then I've picked up about every video there is on the subject and have kind of obsessed, unfortunately, about the thought of my kids having to suffer through such a war.Anyway.. I'm armed and prepared, 15 miles from Indy and its airport, a potential target.
Welcome aboard.
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:47 am

buoyme wrote:First time here and new member. I hail from the midwest near Indianapolis. Happy to be here to learn and participate when time permits.

Ah, a fellow situational aware Hoosier. I'm stuck almost equidistant from the Indy airport, Ft. Ben, and Raytheon. Unless we get more than a few minutes warning, I figure we're pretty well boned.

Welcome to DWS!
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

rapidfire25

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:26 am

Hello and welcome new members. Welcome to defcon. We don't have cookies... But we do have a cool website.

Xelon

Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:55 am

I'm glad to be welcomed here, in all honesty. This place is a breath of fresh air while everyone is losing their shit over the election.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:56 am

I would like to encourage more people to become members and take part in the forum.
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:58 am

I would too. But we see these swings all the time. No crisis, no one thinks of it. That's a good thing, really. Don't want to be those kind of people who say doom doom doom all the time.

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:20 am

Thankyou very informative and mature site ,enjoying the enlightenment.