Who do you think will be involved in the next nuclear war?

Defense related and not covered in the other categories? Then it goes here.

Who do you think will be involved in the next nuclear war?

You may select up to 10 options

View results
DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:08 pm

You may select more than one country. States are listed in alphabetical order.

Jade

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Russia, United States, The Ukraine, Iran, Israel, Pakistan, India, China, North Korea, Egypt, The United Kingdom,

Ein_Kreb

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Barring an accident between the US and Russia, and if the Saudi nuclear deal comes through:

Iran and Saudi Arabia

Otherwise, in descending order of probability:
Iran and Israel
US and North Korea
India and Pakistan

Within the next 30-50 years I see these being the likeliest:
US and China
US and Russia (with help from the UK and France if they are targeted)

Encyclopath
Regular contributor

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:55 am

Israel is ranked surprisingly low. Not that I disagree though.

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm

I see a Full Scale Conventional War within Europe and the Middle east, and possibly Asia between Pakistan and India. But I think as long as neither side advances too far into either territory, Nukes wont be a problem. I believe Tactical Nukes may be used on the battlefield, as every Modern and up to date Military has trained to try and survive one, and even armored vehicles are designed to try and survive them. But Strategic Global Destruction? Nah. Even Kimmy isn't dumb enough to do it. If he was hed have done it already. I think another Middle east war where everyone tries to gangbang Israel will happen, but again, Conventional. I think the days of imminent nuclear destruction are over and the days of Armies are near the end. Today all it is is special forces going at eachother and Units training Militias. At this point in time, whoever controls the waters, controls the war.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:29 am

Iran will lob ballistic missiles at Israel.

Israel will not wait to see if one is nuclear or not, they can not afford to do that. They will punish and beat Iran into the sands of time with nuclear weapons to stop them from launching anymore missiles. Israel will shoot some of Irans missiles down with their layered defense system and likely will get a lot of help from God but as usual they will claim someone else did it.

Its the Arab-Russian response to the devastation in Iran that causes them to march on Israel right after causing Israel to melt the northern mountains "Golan Heights area and the passes into Lebanon" with heavy nukes to stop the invasion forces.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:04 am

rudemarine wrote:
Probably.
Israel will not wait to see if one is nuclear or not, they can not afford to do that.
Yes they will. Just like they held back when Iraq was throwing missiles at them. The US will hold Israel back so as to not to unite the entire ME against Israel and the US.[/quote]

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:00 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
rudemarine wrote:
Probably.
Israel will not wait to see if one is nuclear or not, they can not afford to do that.
Yes they will. Just like they held back when Iraq was throwing missiles at them. The US will hold Israel back so as to not to unite the entire ME against Israel and the US.
[/quote]

No, they knew Saddam did not have a nuclear weapon. They knew at the worst they would see a chemical weapon and even that would have forced them to hit back with a nuclear weapon.

Iran today likely has one or two and Israel knows it so they cant play that game. Given the size of their nation they cant take one hit from even a small nuke. Their nation would cease to exist for many years to come. Their only option is to shoot down what has been shot off at them and respond with a nuclear weapon to stop anymore missiles from being sent their way.

The odds of them being able to shoot down many missiles is completely in Iran's favor, especially when Hezbollah is going to try and blind their system with a massive barrage of rockets at the same time so like I said, Israel will be forced to cut the head off the screaming Arab chicken. Hezbollah will get thumped too!! Read Ezekiel 37-39 if you think not! Israel will melt their northern mountains, when the bible was wrote Israels northern mountains were in the Lebanon-North Golan Syria border area.

The days of the Arabs ganging up on Israel conventionally are over, they are tired of getting a bad beating when Israel goes beast mode. The war with Lebanon in 06 was a fluke because they were led by idiots and had a bunch of draftees who would rather be at the Gay Pride parade than fight.

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 am

rudemarine wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:00 pm
DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
rudemarine wrote:
Probably.
Yes they will. Just like they held back when Iraq was throwing missiles at them. The US will hold Israel back so as to not to unite the entire ME against Israel and the US.
No, they knew Saddam did not have a nuclear weapon. They knew at the worst they would see a chemical weapon and even that would have forced them to hit back with a nuclear weapon.

Iran today likely has one or two and Israel knows it so they cant play that game. Given the size of their nation they cant take one hit from even a small nuke. Their nation would cease to exist for many years to come. Their only option is to shoot down what has been shot off at them and respond with a nuclear weapon to stop anymore missiles from being sent their way.

The odds of them being able to shoot down many missiles is completely in Iran's favor, especially when Hezbollah is going to try and blind their system with a massive barrage of rockets at the same time so like I said, Israel will be forced to cut the head off the screaming Arab chicken. Hezbollah will get thumped too!! Read Ezekiel 37-39 if you think not! Israel will melt their northern mountains, when the bible was wrote Israels northern mountains were in the Lebanon-North Golan Syria border area.

The days of the Arabs ganging up on Israel conventionally are over, they are tired of getting a bad beating when Israel goes beast mode. The war with Lebanon in 06 was a fluke because they were led by idiots and had a bunch of draftees who would rather be at the Gay Pride parade than fight.[/quote]

As far as im aware, Iran doesn't possess the ability to send hundreds of rockets accurately anyway. Hell, even we struggle to do that when we had that strike on the Shayrat airbase (article for those interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Shay ... ile_strike) , it took us 59 tomahawks just to take out one site. So yea, they can flood Israels defense system with hundreds of inaccurate rockets, and do some serious damage, but in the process dry up their missile stock and than get completely fucked in Israels counter attack like they have in the last 2 or 3 attempts at war.
Last edited by DirtyDevil69 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:54 am

Just Ten Shihab 3 Medium range missiles all fired roughly at the same time would likely confuse the Arrow system or they would just have one hell of a time firing 10 missiles fast enough to intercept them all, if Hezbollah fires off hundreds of smaller rockets from the north at the same time.

That site in Syria was massive. Imagine the Orlando Convention center times ten in size and had bunker type strength to the concrete.