Election Fraud is "Ludicrous" and "Impossible," Says Experts, "Stop Whining"

It affects every part of your life. Debate it here, but keep it civil
Navarro
Power poster 2
Power poster 2

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:13 pm

BBC wrote:"The idea that the US election will be rigged is 'ludicrous,' and "certainly not stolen in the way that Trump has alleged," according to Professor Richard Hasen, an expert in election law. 'We cannot have thousands of people voting 5, 10, or 15 times as he's suggested without it being detected,' he says."

"In 2014, Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola Law School, found 31 known cases of impersonation fraud. ... Former House Speaker and Republican Newt Gingrich harked all the way back to the Richard Nixon versus JFK 1960 election this weekend, saying no 'serious historian doubts that Illinois and Texas were stolen.' ... 'Douglas Brinkley, a professor of history at Rice University, told CNN it's still 'undetermined issue' among historians.' There were actually recounts in Illinois in 1960. And they didn't find that there was enough fraud to throw the election.'"

"Professor Mayer says the ability of law enforcement authorities, political parties, and the media to monitor such activities in 2016 is 'much, much greater,' so a repeat of 'such stealing of a presidential election, even if it occurred, would be impossible.'"
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37682947
Interesting. The concept of rigged elections is "ludicrous" because it's "impossible," despite that the same articles remark on several known occurrences of election fraud in the US.
BBC wrote:"The businessman-turned-politician has claimed the 8 November election will be 'absolutely rigged' for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. ... 'I'd advise Mr Trump to stop whining and try to make his case to get votes,' Mr Obama said."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37697594
Stop being ludicrous, whining about impossible things that are known to happen, Mr Trump.
Twitter: @DefconNavarro

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:26 am

Right now, it's worth pointing out that TheUpshot places Clinton at a 92% advantage, with 272 electoral votes likely in hand. Now, in regards to the accusations that the election will be rigged... I think that while there are limited amounts of election fraud that have been proven, it's not like every single voting district is going to experience this. Saying that the entire system is based off a fraud when only limited aspects of the system are subject to fraud (i.e. one person voting five times, people using deceased persons to vote) is illogical. It would be more prudent to say that the system, or any system for that matter, is subject to aspects of limited voter fraud. Arguing the entire system is a fraud requires more proof than what we currently have.

If it seems like I'm biased, it's because I am. I do not believe the entire system is subject to fraud. Just because a few people place five votes in one direction does not mean that the entire system is rigged.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Navarro
Power poster 2
Power poster 2

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:35 am

Albert Einstein once said, "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." If election fraud has been repeatedly detected, over the course of many elections, then it would appear more likely that it works at least sometimes, than that it doesn't work at all. Otherwise, politicians would have to be both insane and foolish, and our society's movers and shakers are certainly not foolish.

As such, I can only assume that election fraud does occur, with success, and the only reason that insufficient election fraud has been detected to change the outcome of an election, is because not all election fraud is detected. It is a covert matter after all, not overt.
Twitter: @DefconNavarro

vitchilo

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:33 am

Here's something about the rigged election...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs

Elections are rigged. I remember a few years back, in 2010, in Nevada, during the election for senator... Harry Reid was losing by a good margin... Then somehow, there was a power outage. Then half an hour later, when it came back on, Reid was in the lead.

Big coincidence that his son was the county commissioner that was in charge of the voting machines of the biggest county in the state (where 75% of the population lives)

I saw all of it LIVE.

Yeah no election fraud. Not at all. It would never happen in Murica. Especially now with tens of billions if not trillions in $$ at stake. Yeah people never cheat, lie, rig elections, kill, steal or that kind of stuff, especially when trillion of $ are involved. Never. Ever. If you believe so, you crazy.

KelcYeoner
Regular contributor

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Well, here in Texas, there is an investigation into voter fraud: http://www.empowertexans.com/around-tex ... nt-county/

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:08 pm

I wouldnt call it election fraud, but id be more along the lines of "bribes" in the form of presents. "Here have a couple million of dollars, plus these 3 businesses, and a few hundred acres of land, if you all vote for me."
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

TruthandJustice
Regular contributor

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Navarro wrote:
BBC wrote:"The idea that the US election will be rigged is 'ludicrous,' and "certainly not stolen in the way that Trump has alleged," according to Professor Richard Hasen, an expert in election law. 'We cannot have thousands of people voting 5, 10, or 15 times as he's suggested without it being detected,' he says."

"In 2014, Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola Law School, found 31 known cases of impersonation fraud. ... Former House Speaker and Republican Newt Gingrich harked all the way back to the Richard Nixon versus JFK 1960 election this weekend, saying no 'serious historian doubts that Illinois and Texas were stolen.' ... 'Douglas Brinkley, a professor of history at Rice University, told CNN it's still 'undetermined issue' among historians.' There were actually recounts in Illinois in 1960. And they didn't find that there was enough fraud to throw the election.'"

"Professor Mayer says the ability of law enforcement authorities, political parties, and the media to monitor such activities in 2016 is 'much, much greater,' so a repeat of 'such stealing of a presidential election, even if it occurred, would be impossible.'"
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37682947
Interesting. The concept of rigged elections is "ludicrous" because it's "impossible," despite that the same articles remark on several known occurrences of election fraud in the US.
BBC wrote:"The businessman-turned-politician has claimed the 8 November election will be 'absolutely rigged' for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. ... 'I'd advise Mr Trump to stop whining and try to make his case to get votes,' Mr Obama said."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37697594
Stop being ludicrous, whining about impossible things that are known to happen, Mr Trump.
Especially when they haven't even happened yet. It's almost like he knows he sucks and is going to lose. Oh the insanity.

TruthandJustice
Regular contributor

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Everytime I lose at tennis, I always whine about the other side cheating. As long as you instill a little doubt, perception becomes reality. I had a boss teach me early on that perception is more powerful than reality.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:25 pm

Says "Experts"? :lol:
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "