Civil war in the USA

It affects every part of your life. Debate it here, but keep it civil
Harbinger

Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:19 pm

In some circles, armed insurrection is being openly discussed. There seems to be a "wink and nod" understanding that many would participate if it went down. It seems much of the country is fed up with the rest of it.

With internal tensions higher than I've ever seen them, I was wondering what you guys think the probability of civil war/revolution/coup in the USA to be? What would be a likely trigger event? What do you think the military would do?
Pro Patria Vigilans

TruthandJustice
Regular contributor

Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:29 pm

I would argue tensions were higher in the 60s with the many assassinations, the Vietnam War, etc. People turned to drugs as war would be pointless if you are in fact advocating for peace. The government would also not hesitate to use nuclear weapons if cornered blaming it on outside influence. We have seen small groups such as the Bundys try to start something but the government learned from Waco that it is best to let things cool down until later. Americans have a short attention span so they eventually slipped into oblivion. You would likely see a civil war after a full nuclear exchange due to the loss of order.

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:34 pm

TruthandJustice wrote:You would likely see a civil war after a full nuclear exchange due to the loss of order.
I would agree with that. On a lesser scale, a limited nuclear exchange or a war between India and Pakistan might cause panic rioting, but not necessarily a civil war.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:11 pm

I think its gonna happen if either trump or hillary win. They are basically split 50 50.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

tornpie

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:31 pm

I have had my suspicions that the Russian strategy is to do anything to facilitate a civil war in the US particularly depending on how intense things get during elections or any kind of mass BLM riots. RAND recently published some pieces on their disinformation firehose and it's been long known that the Russians have flooded social media with stuff.

http://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PE198.html
http://www.rand.org/blog/2016/09/russia ... ehind.html

This is all classic KGB stuff updated to the current times. Furthermore, I believe Russians have plans to disable our internet enough to make it nonfunctional leading to the inability of much of our economy to function. They may blow up satellites, use EMP, cut undersea internet trunks, etc. Welfare, SSI, direct deposit, credit and debit cards, etc. would be interrupted enough under certain scenarios. Russia would be far more insulated against this (although the teenage Russian hackers scamming Americans sector would be seriously hurt.)

There are other possibilities, but I do think Putin is trying to get US to back off their increasing encroachment and definitely remove its superpower status. He knows Hillary will be worse than Obama. I definitely do not think the major part of the Russian plan is to have a Cold War style massive land battle in Europe (although they probably could steam roll their way to the Oder), to use a full nuclear release, or to have a worldwide battle of navies and all that. I think it is centered on causing the US to collapse on its own weight.

Obreid
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 am

It is a hiugh unknown. It is true that those who are fed up are REALLY fed up. But turning out to fight as an individual with other individuals is very different than enlisting and going to war for a generally supported cause.
That is now in the future with further abuses of power and masses of people going to jail and I don't mean "FEMA camps" then yes I think we will see it one day. I don't know how soon it depends on how many more stupid desision from Washington and abuses of power.
Nuclear war I suspect RF is waiting to see the outcome of elections. If Hillary is elected and goes full hawk it will speed up. They do more to influence election by getting their side out in press and hoping people read it.
One question there have been some reports of generals bucking at the direction of civil government and subsequent resignations and firings. many of you might know whether they are true any comments on that.

TonyG

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:08 am

I would have never thought about there being a civil war in the US until I read these posts. It is certainly thought provoking. As such I believe that if there was another US civil war there would be more than two polarized groups. It could almost be as confusing as the war in Syria or Turkey's flip flopping alegiances. This time it wouldn"t just be the north against the south. There is the BLM, the traditional westernized community, the Hispanic community, the govrrnment itself and of course the Islam community. And even within the Islam community there seems to be a new group each day with new names. I certainly can't keep up with who is who. I have lots of respect for all of these groups. The big question is this. Would there be allegeances among any of these groups and if so, what would that look like in your opinions?

tornpie

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:23 am

I've always said it would look more like a Spanish or Russian civil war or even possibly a Yugoslavian civil war. It can break along ethnic or political lines. It could be rural vs. urban as well which would imply it would break along racial lines depending on the part of the country. A lot of whites are fed up with BLM. Farmers might shoot anyone they are unfamiliar with depending on how desperate the food situation becomes. My best guess is ethnic and/or political schism. It probably won't be anything like a 30 Years War where Catholics and Protestants massacred each other. Who knows? Ultimately, I don't think Russia (and maybe China) would care how it breaks up, just as long as the US splintered in some fashion to knock it from superpower status. I think they have grown fed up with our bases surrounding them and other things.

beanywalrus

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:57 pm

tornpie wrote:I've always said it would look more like a Spanish or Russian civil war or even possibly a Yugoslavian civil war. It can break along ethnic or political lines. It could be rural vs. urban as well which would imply it would break along racial lines depending on the part of the country. A lot of whites are fed up with BLM. Farmers might shoot anyone they are unfamiliar with depending on how desperate the food situation becomes. My best guess is ethnic and/or political schism. It probably won't be anything like a 30 Years War where Catholics and Protestants massacred each other. Who knows? Ultimately, I don't think Russia (and maybe China) would care how it breaks up, just as long as the US splintered in some fashion to knock it from superpower status. I think they have grown fed up with our bases surrounding them and other things.
Russia would become involved and arm rebels, and also provide military training.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

Reginald_Johnson

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:15 pm

I could at some point see some of the southern states trying to secede again. Especially if they try to repeal the 2nd.