A lot of Volcanic activity

Threats from nature can be more devastating than threats from Mankind. Here is where you can talk about them.
Vortex
.
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:01 am

Fri May 04, 2018 9:25 pm

We having a lot of activity due a lot of earthquakes lately.
https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/volcan ... kono-.html

User avatar
KimPossible
Regular contributor
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 am

Have you seen the data on Yellowstone? Kinda scary, its magma is spreading out sideways, the magma has been building up at critical levels it can't hold and is expanding underground instead of up twords the ground.... Some hot springs are drying up, and the park is closed in certain areas because the temperature in some areas on the surface are over 200 degrees, goverment said they had to close a lot because they didn't want people burning there feet or blasting tires on roads. All it would take is a small earthquake to crack the magma dome under the ground and boom goes the biggest underground supermassive volcano in the world...



ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME if it would be possible during a MAD war that Yellowstone and many many other volcanoes could go boom, because nuclear weapons can cause earthquakes, and earthquakes can cause volcanoes to boom, so reasonable thought or no?
There is a war on woman! #VoteThemOut

User avatar
KimPossible
Regular contributor
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 am

I have talked to real scientific minds and they have also expressed their concerns over the past few years in regards to Yellowstone underground volcano activity, and the governments unwillingness to share what is going on too...

Note for the second question about M.A.D causing volcanoes to erupt, they said anything is possible with science & that nuclear detonations do cause earthquakes, but wouldn't know for certain until something like that happens so.. Just wanted to see what anyone else thinks too about that scenario.
There is a war on woman! #VoteThemOut

Vortex
.
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:01 am

Sat May 05, 2018 8:56 am

According to the latest seismic activities I would say that most of the earthquakes are coming from underground magmaflows. I can be wrong, but it is very unusual to having that many earthquakes, especially close to the ring of fire, in such a short time.

If you check https://m.emsc.eu/earthquake/latest.php for recent eq's, you may notice a strong increase of quakes. Actually kinda scary I gotta say. A new entry every 5-10 minutes, all around the globe.

I definetly keep a very close eye on these events, but at the end of the day it's mother nature and we can not predict any of this.
ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME if it would be possible during a MAD war that Yellowstone and many many other volcanoes could go boom, because nuclear weapons can cause earthquakes, and earthquakes can cause volcanoes to boom, so reasonable thought or no?
As I said a lot of these EQ's coming from the magma movement underground. You could say: The Volcanic activities are causing earthquakes. But earthquakes could also cause an erruption. <- This is a lot of assuming! But from what i've red its pretty accurate.

For my part I would say that it is possible but very unlikely, that a volcano would errupt in a war. The shaking has to go very deep undergrond like 5-10 km deep, to trigger an erruption. Bombs usually impact the surface. I have no clue what a nuke could do but if such a thing drops you dont need to worry about the volcano anymore lol.

Vortex
.
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:01 am

Sat May 05, 2018 9:14 am

Just In:
6.9-magnitude earthquake hits Hawaii’s Big Island, USGS says, following a recent volcanic eruption
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/ ... ption.html

This is the strongest quake there since 1970

A 6.9-magnitude earthquake rattled the Big Island of Hawaii on Friday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, following a recent volcanic eruption. The quake hit roughly 10 miles southwest of Leilani Estates, the USGS reported. It was centered near the south flank of Kilauea volcano, which erupted Thursday and continued to spew lava into Friday. "This last one was scary," state Sen. Russell Ruderman of Keauu told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser. "It starts rocking and keeps on going. It's very frightening. We're rattled." The seismic event -- reportedly Hawaii's biggest earthquake since the 1970s -- was preceeded by reports of a 5.4-magnitude earthquake that struck roughly 11 miles southwest of the same area, the USGS said. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said the earthquake wasn't powerful enough to cause a tsunami, according to the Associated Press. No tsunami threat or advisory is in place, they added. Maj. Jeff Hickman, spokesman for the Hawaii National Guard, told the Associated Press that neither the Hilo airport nor the highways were damanged amid the quake. The Hawaii Department of Transportation previously tweeted that there had been no reported damage to roadways. "Crews are continuing to conduct inspections and are monitoring conditions," the agency said. The earlier Kilauea volcano eruption forced officials to issue evacuation orders to more than 1,700 residents. Fire officials warned that they had detected extremely high levels of sulfur in the area and reiterated that people should leave until the threat had passed. Asta Miklius, a geophysicist with the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, told the Associated Press that the volcano has "quite a bit of magma in the system." "It won't be just an hours-long eruption probably, but how long it will last will depend on whether the summit magma reservoir gets involved," Miklius said. "And so we are watching that very, very closely."

Additional infos https://twitter.com/usgs_seismic/status ... 9677002757

User avatar
KimPossible
Regular contributor
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Sat May 05, 2018 9:33 am

Vortex wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:56 am
According to the latest seismic activities I would say that most of the earthquakes are coming from underground magmaflows. I can be wrong, but it is very unusual to having that many earthquakes, especially close to the ring of fire, in such a short time.

If you check https://m.emsc.eu/earthquake/latest.php for recent eq's, you may notice a strong increase of quakes. Actually kinda scary I gotta say. A new entry every 5-10 minutes, all around the globe.

I definetly keep a very close eye on these events, but at the end of the day it's mother nature and we can not predict any of this.
Indeed to all of this, thought I was the only one noticing something strange happening. Thanks for that link will help me in my research.
ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME if it would be possible during a MAD war that Yellowstone and many many other volcanoes could go boom, because nuclear weapons can cause earthquakes, and earthquakes can cause volcanoes to boom, so reasonable thought or no?
As I said a lot of these EQ's coming from the magma movement underground. You could say: The Volcanic activities are causing earthquakes. But earthquakes could also cause an eruption. <- This is a lot of assuming! But from what i've red its pretty accurate.
Vortex wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:56 am
For my part I would say that it is possible but very unlikely, that a volcano would errupt in a war. The shaking has to go very deep undergrond like 5-10 km deep, to trigger an erruption. Bombs usually impact the surface. I have no clue what a nuke could do but if such a thing drops you dont need to worry about the volcano anymore lol.
True if the bombs drop it won't matter, but if it was just the bomb we would have a chance of living, but on top of a nuclear winter, we could have many volcanoes spitting ash too. Thinking a long the lines of a double whammy so to speak. Would be much unfortunate if came to be one day.

Though what has me most concern over all above anything is with all this new info, Yellowstone scares me even more now with such great volcanic and earthquake activities possibly related...
There is a war on woman! #VoteThemOut

treyhlb42
New member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:49 am

Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 pm

I just remember why the majority of the community now uses the discord...This is just flat out fear mongering over Yellowstone, Reminds me of THE SUN, Yeah that one news site that fear mongers and doom mongers every time the us makes a military move or even claims doomsday every day?


https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... 0577%22%7D

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst
Posts: 2191
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Contact:

Mon May 07, 2018 12:56 pm

I don't remember where I read it, but I do remember reading somewhere that a nuclear weapon cannot be used to ignite a supervolcano eruption. Don't remember the science behind it, but it made sense at the time I read it.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Vortex
.
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:01 am

Mon May 07, 2018 6:07 pm

treyhlb42 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 pm
I just remember why the majority of the community now uses the discord...This is just flat out fear mongering over Yellowstone, Reminds me of THE SUN, Yeah that one news site that fear mongers and doom mongers every time the us makes a military move or even claims doomsday every day?


https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... 0577%22%7D
Quite not fair to call fear mongering on my posts. Theyre just infomations you can get anywhere. And also this is the Natural Disasters section. If you fear nature, you shall not read this part of the forum.

Ps22009
.
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:55 am

Tue May 08, 2018 4:47 pm

KimPossible wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 am
Have you seen the data on Yellowstone? Kinda scary, its magma is spreading out sideways, the magma has been building up at critical levels it can't hold and is expanding underground instead of up twords the ground.... Some hot springs are drying up, and the park is closed in certain areas because the temperature in some areas on the surface are over 200 degrees, goverment said they had to close a lot because they didn't want people burning there feet or blasting tires on roads. All it would take is a small earthquake to crack the magma dome under the ground and boom goes the biggest underground supermassive volcano in the world...



ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME if it would be possible during a MAD war that Yellowstone and many many other volcanoes could go boom, because nuclear weapons can cause earthquakes, and earthquakes can cause volcanoes to boom, so reasonable thought or no?
It would depend on how close a nuclear bomb (or hydrogen bomb) struck close to Yellowstone. But the worst thing we need next is to have someone construct a dirty bomb and set it off in Yellowstone national park. (someone stole military grade plutonium from a university in Idaho recently https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... dirty-bomb )
We wont know who shot first or who won, but we will know how bad the fallout is going to be

Post Reply