Unheard of Record Breaking shocking lows across America.

Threats from nature can be more devastating than threats from Mankind. Here is where you can talk about them.
KimPossible
Regular contributor

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Its negative 5 to negative 15 with the windchill at negative 40 for the next few days its unheard of for Wisconsin or New York.

NOT TO MENTION THE HURRICANE NEW YORK JUST GOT HIT BY IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER BESIDES THE FACT NEW YORK TYPICAL NEVER GETS HURRICANES ANYWAYS. NOW TELL ME GLOBAL WARNING ISN'T REAL OR A MAJOR THREAT.

Also,
Government is warning any unprotected skin for more then 2-10 mins outside will cause frostbite and urge all residents in the Midwest and North East America to remain indoors.

Also,
Florida is reaching all time record lows and in some areas snowing. Government official so I have been told by my family down there is considering shutting down all of Florida. FLORIDA IS ALWAYS HOT, AS SUCH HEATERS ARE NORNALY NEVER INSTALLED AND RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA DO NOT OWEN WINTER GEAR TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM THE COLD. Note that I googled Nevada temperature and last I checked it was 46 Degrees planning to get even colder.

Also,
Tens upon thousands of people along the East Coast are still without power meaning no heat in sub article tempatures

My opinion the government needs to declare all of the U.S for the most part under disaster emergency plans to start being able to deliver food, water, and means of a source of heat for possibility tens of millions of Americans.

ITS SO COLD HERE IN WISCONSIN THAT MY CAR WON'T START AND ITS A NEW CAR, THIS MORNING I WAS LOCKED IN MY HOUSE AS ALL THE DOORS AND WINDOWS WHERE FROZEN SOLID SHUT, AND THE POWER KEEPS FLICKERING AND GIVE IT THE REST OF TYE DAY BEFORE IT MAY GO OUT. I HAVE A LARGE GENERATOR SO I WILL BE FINE.
There is a war on woman! #VoteThemOut

Obreid
Regular contributor

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 pm

In 1984 in central Illinois it was -20 actual and cars have not started in winter forever.
The Everglades have froze over before as has the mouth of Mississippi. No one declared a national disaster in the 70s when snow was so deep farmers were snowed in for up to two weeks or the next year when ice storms nocked out power for 1/2month for most of Midwest.
Shit happens
New England and east Canada regularly had snow falls in the double digit feet range.

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:31 am

Forgetting a few things, Hurricane middle of winter, in all places New York, snow and below freezing temps in Florida, still tens of thousands in cities not ruel bum fuck no where all along the east coast still without power in this cold. Yea in the 70's people could survive days without electricity in the ice cold winter weather, this ISN'T the 70's anymore last time I checked and 70 percent of the population do not know how to either start a fire or keep it going.

This is global warming, nice try with your Republican antics to shrug off the fact Global Warming is wiping its feet right on our front door step.

Did you know Africa is getting hit by a Hurricane, throughout history its proven Africa douse not get Hurricanes, so this is all just normal right? Hurricanes in Winter on the Northern East Coast of America (again in the middle of winter), and Coast of Africa, NEGATIVE 40 weather in New York and Midwest. Yep total Normal nothing to look at here folk.

Perhaps a nation Emergency isn't right, but a few states along the East Coast definitely need help for the people without power for a second or third day, and Florida if it douse not get warmer there soon. Mostly everything was closed here in Wisconsin Yesterday Day and Night. Things are re opening today as instead of negative 13 with negative 40 degree windchill we have positive 1 negative 21 windchill today hurray..

Edit: I grew up in Wisconsin and have been a resident all my life, yesterday out of the many decades living here has never happened ever and was quite unsettling. But people are still trying to look over the fact we just had a hurricane in the middle of winter not only on North East Coast of America, but Africa of all places too. NOT NORMAL. Global warming folks.

Obreid
Regular contributor

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:29 am

KimPossible wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:31 am
Forgetting a few things, Hurricane middle of winter, in all places New York, snow and below freezing temps in Florida, still tens of thousands in cities not ruel bum fuck no where all along the east coast still without power in this cold. Yea in the 70's people could survive days without electricity in the ice cold winter weather, this ISN'T the 70's anymore last time I checked and 70 percent of the population do not know how to either start a fire or keep it going.

This is global warming, nice try with your Republican antics to shrug off the fact Global Warming is wiping its feet right on our front door step.

Did you know Africa is getting hit by a Hurricane, throughout history its proven Africa douse not get Hurricanes, so this is all just normal right? Hurricanes in Winter on the Northern East Coast of America (again in the middle of winter), and Coast of Africa, NEGATIVE 40 weather in New York and Midwest. Yep total Normal nothing to look at here folk.

Perhaps a nation Emergency isn't right, but a few states along the East Coast definitely need help for the people without power for a second or third day, and Florida if it douse not get warmer there soon. Mostly everything was closed here in Wisconsin Yesterday Day and Night. Things are re opening today as instead of negative 13 with negative 40 degree windchill we have positive 1 negative 21 windchill today hurray..

Edit: I grew up in Wisconsin and have been a resident all my life, yesterday out of the many decades living here has never happened ever and was quite unsettling. But people are still trying to look over the fact we just had a hurricane in the middle of winter not only on North East Coast of America, but Africa of all places too. NOT NORMAL. Global warming folks.
Oh I thought in previous post you immigrated to US my bad. It's not politics Global warming cooling change what ever is true climate is always changing. Always has just not caused by sole actions of humans. It's not climates fault that people have forgotten or too lazy to take care of them selves when things get dicey. It's not governments fault either. The governments job is not to rescue everyone when. Don't like can't help it it will not change reality. A naturalist would know that sometimes nature is red in tooth and claw and there is no moral law for anyone else to care about it. The strong and fit survive the weak well the population thins to adjust to changing environment. If it doesn't they all die.

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:07 am

Obreid wrote:
It's not politics Global warming cooling change what ever is true climate is always changing. Always has just not caused by sole actions of humans. It's not climates fault that people have forgotten or too lazy to take care of them selves when things get dicey. It's not governments fault either. The governments job is not to rescue everyone when. Don't like can't help it it will not change reality. A naturalist would know that sometimes nature is red in tooth and claw and there is no moral law for anyone else to care about it. The strong and fit survive the weak well the population thins to adjust to changing environment. If it doesn't they all die.
Its Global warming, it happens naturally yes, the earth has heated and cooled 7 times in its passed if I remember correctly, but we are speeding it up and causing it to further worsen.

So in a scene you are saying bah fuck weather, environmental stability, its going to collapse anyways like it has before (Which each cycle took Millions upon Millions of years). Now I am just thinking logically wouldn't you want to slow the effects of sudden intense global warming by Human pollution causing massive catastrophic weather events which done right & hastefully done could possibly give us many, many, many more years of weather stability. OR say fuck it and watch the world burn, sink, and hit all over by mama earth during the next 50 years.
Obreid wrote:
Oh I thought in previous post you immigrated to US my bad.
Pretty sure I have mentioned I am a Sicilian American whom is a Resident in Wisconsin, I don't talk much further then that about myself, other then I am a woman.
Though I cannot remember whom maybe it was you who I had a private message with and was mentioned somehow about my Family Migrated from Sicily, and grew up speaking of course what my family spoke which is why my English and ability to Explain things not so good. Failed English hard. But I can type it good so I've been told. WAAY easier to speak English in head or text then out-loud hehe.

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Climate Change is a reality, regardless of your politics. "Global Warming" is a highly inaccurate term for an incredibly complex issue and is politically charged. "Climate change" is much more accurate based on observations.

All of the events listed by Kim have happened in the past, that is true. What we're starting to see is higher frequency and higher severity of these events now. Is it natural for the planet's climate to change? Yes, that's a proven fact. You only have to look at the woolly mammoths found flash frozen with undigested food in their stomachs to know that. You only have to look at the mass extinction events over the past several hundred million years to know that. Even hard core conservatives will admit that something is going on with the planet. Is humankind having on impact on that natural change? Probably. To what extent? THAT'S the $64,000 question.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:36 pm

I firmly believe of the facts at hand and the things I have extensively read that humans are indeed speeding up "climate change".
Side note sorry, was called global warming first so that is what I call it. Just like I still call things "retarded" or still say "that is gay" here and there even though its not "PC" so in the future I am not a politically correct person because I don't care about peoples "feelings". :)

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:45 pm

KimPossible wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:36 pm
I firmly believe of the facts at hand and the things I have extensively read that humans are indeed speeding up "climate change".
Side note sorry, was called global warming first so that is what I call it. Just like I still call things "retarded" or still say "that is gay" here and there even though its not "PC" so in the future I am not a politically correct person because I don't care about peoples "feelings". :)
Yeah, I really don't care what you call it either, just wanted to note that "global warming" is a highly inaccurate misnomer, whereas "climate change" is much more accurately descriptive of what's actually occurring. That's all.

I agree with you that humans are probably speeding up, or at least affecting the process. What we might disagree on is how much of the process is man-made and how much of it is natural planetary cycle.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:36 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
I agree with you that humans are probably speeding up, or at least affecting the process. What we might disagree on is how much of the process is man-made and how much of it is natural planetary cycle.
Indeed, very well said.

Obreid
Regular contributor

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 pm

I am an environmentalist in that we owe it to ourselves and planet to care for it properly. Where I get off with GW is bogus unattenable limits and controls that mean nothing in the first decade of 2000 Europe closed down countless coal plants but in the end because of demand exceeded their greenhouse output because they had to run existing inefficient plants overtime to make up demand. That and the fact the 2nd and 3rd world countries are exempt from controls. When china and India submit to greenhouse gas output limits we can talk then. At one time US was only country meeting output limits while everyone else trudged on.
The sea levels are going to flood the coast of world, oh wait no it's freezing temps. Artic was going to melt away, oh wait. Why is the ice PAC on Greenland and Antarctic thicker now, why, more snow build up. What does that cause more calving of ice sheet.
The climate 300 years ago was warmer than the projected temp changes before the projections changes and the climate was colder 200 years ago it was colder than today. Those bright red hot regions on climate maps of Africa that elevated the world temps, yeh those are estimates there is no scientific recording of those temps (fine print) of reports. I am passionate about this because it's a scam. If the problem was so bad why did gore by a sea side home in Cali, if gases so bad why don't those that work so hard to sell it have their confabs via computer uplink rather than jets to Davos, and bell helicopters from airport to hotel.
Maurice Strong who worked so hard to get global warming on UN agenda all those years ago retired to china who's pollution is so bad it's citizens need face mask to leave the house. Worse than Pittsburgh in the 50's
Do we always have to concider environmental impact, YES. Do we effect enough to turn the earth into a boiling cauldron no. It's always changing, one major volcanic eruption will change the climate for a decade.
One more thought stand in front of a radiant heater turn it down or up one mark and notice the effect it has on your skin. In virtually all climate models the solar activity is not considered, what makes that s valid model if the primary source of heat energy to our planet is excluded as a variable? I'm done will never say another word on climate.

KimPossible wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:36 pm
RiffRaff wrote:
Indeed, very well said.