China & N. Korea ‘to boost military ties & provide security in Asia-Pacific’ amid tensions with US

Reports on political activity with strategic consequences.
ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:30 am

China and North Korea will boost military cooperation and work together to assure security in the Asia Pacific, a high-ranking Chinese commander has said. Both Beijing and Pyongyang view US activities in the region as a threat.
Days after North Korea made headlines with fresh missile tests, a delegation from Pyongyang has met with Chinese officials in Beijing. It was headed by a high-ranking military official, Kim Su-gil, director of the General Political Bureau of the Korean People’s Army.

Quoted by the media after the meeting, the Chinese general who spoke to Kim signaled that Chinese-North Korean military ties only look to strengthen further.

“The Chinese People’s Liberation Army is ready to work along North Korea to implement the important consensus, which was achieved by the leaders of our nations,” Gen. Zhang Youxia, vice chairman of China’s Central Military Commission, said, adopting an official tone.

He also assured his audience that Beijing is “ready to contribute to peace and stability in the region together” with Pyongyang. Kim responded by saying that North Korea is eager to expand military ties and exchange experiences with their large neighbor.

These two are teaming up and I'm sure it means nothing. It was only a matter of time before NorKor fell into China's orbit.

https://www.rt.com/news/466736-china-no ... -military/
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:34 am

ThunderStealer wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:30 am
These two are teaming up and I'm sure it means nothing. It was only a matter of time before NorKor fell into China's orbit.
North Korea does not trust China. China is being used by NK, and I am not terribly sure China knows that. No, wait. Let me rephrase. China knows but thinks it can control NK.

Why do I believe that? Because China is allowing NK to develop nuclear weapons. China is foolish to allow this, because NK can always turn that threat to China. Sure, China can withstand the few hits that NK would throw at them. But it is China's arrogance to think they will control NK.