US China trade war

Reports on political activity with strategic consequences.
TheChrome
Regular contributor

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:47 am

KimPossible wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:12 am
Okay so a better question is who will lose the least then. Because no one will win from this. But someone will lose less. :/
Everyone loses unless they recognize God's rulership rather than their respective countries that they live in. It is only logic that if God created humans, then he does not wish any nationalities or divisions between them. Nations and countries are not of God, therefore support of country will only lead a person away from the big picture of truth.

"The Devil led him [Jesus] up to a high place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, 'I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me" (Luke 4:5-7)

Has anything changed since Jesus' time to indicate Satan does not control the US, China, and every other nation?

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:10 am

Oh jeeze here we go.... Glad the Christian Faith is on the down word spiral out and that logic/science is taking control of things. Trump can try all he wants to stop progress but the slip in what Christians say "moral decay" has already beaten you all. Just give up already and let science take the wheel. Not racist, equally hate all religion for fooling people.
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America

TheChrome
Regular contributor

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 am

KimPossible wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:10 am
Oh jeeze here we go.... Glad the Christian Faith is on the down word spiral out and that logic/science is taking control of things. Trump can try all he wants to stop progress but the slip in what Christians say "moral decay" has already beaten you all. Just give up already and let science take the wheel. Not racist, equally hate all religion for fooling people.
The bible told people about science before scientists discovered it. When people thought the earth was flat, the bible said "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22) In other words, the bible indicated the earth was round before scientist concluded that. You can talk about science until you are blue in the face, but the fact is the bible recorded scientific fact before it is credited to modern science. Furthermore, the bible has predicted future events, which science has not done, nor can it do.

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 am

Look you got your thing, I got my thing which is logic & science. I come here for news that matters, not religion.
Want to be clear its not just Christianity its all forms of religion I very much dislike equally.

Side note, know where you stand and anyone whom relates to your faith may want to watch this woman on Youtube she links all the stuff you guys talk about to world events. Must have money because she douse a very good job podcasting making it look like a real news studio, runs her own mission too:
https://youtu.be/KTloUvrbv6s
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:31 am

Human nature uses science and religious beliefs as tools of destruction and hate. The only thing to blame for human consumption, greed and power isn't science nor religion. Just selfish humans who don't want to see or believe the final outcome could possibly backfire with the bigger picture. A bit like what they call progress. Now i would suggest stick to title before we get kicked to general discussion. ;) :lol:

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:03 pm

A growing number of Asian manufacturers of products ranging from memory chips to machines tools are moving to shift production from China to other factories in the region in the wake of US President Donald Trump's tariffs on Chinese imports.

Companies including SK Hynix of South Korea and Mitsubishi Electric, Toshiba Machine Co. and Komatsu of Japan began plotting production moves since July, when the first tariffs hit, and the shifts are now under way, company representatives and others with knowledge of the plans told Reuters.
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east- ... ariffs-hit

TheChrome
Regular contributor

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:35 am

KimPossible wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 am
I come here for news that matters, not religion.
I can understand your argument since religion throughout history has not lived up to what it claims to stand for. However using logic as you purport to do, you cannot discount the the fact that there can only be one religion assuming there is one God.

I come here to teach individuals the outcome before it happens, and report the news in the interim.

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:55 pm

US President Donald Trump's new trade deal with Canada and Mexico saw stock markets rally and traders across North America breathe sighs of relief this week, but the news was received more warily in China.
Beijing has been locked in its own escalating trade war with the United States throughout 2018. According to several trade experts, Trump is likely to push harder for concessions from China in a row that could drag on for months - or even years - longer.
Trump hammered that point home when talking to reporters outside the White House on Monday, as he framed the deal with Canada and Mexico as a win for his hardball strategy to reshape global commerce to benefit the United States.
But Beijing is "having a much more difficult time" now that Washington has slapped three rounds of tariffs on some $250bn of its exports, said Trump. The former reality television star threatened to raise that by another $267bn.

"China wants to talk very badly," Trump told reporters in the White House Rose Garden. "I said frankly it's too early to talk because they're not ready… If politically, people force it too quickly, you're not going to make the right deal.

Trump finalised the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) on Sunday after threatening to exit its precursor, NAFTA, saying he wanted to shrink US trade deficits, claw back lost factory jobs, and better protect intellectual property.
According to Edward Alden, author of Failure to Adjust: How Americans Got Left Behind in the Global Economy, Trump can tout USMCA as a win at campaign rallies and use it as "negotiating leverage … to double down on China".

USMCA also restricts its signatories from entering a free-trade agreement with a "non-market economy". That phrase can refer to many trading nations but is understood to be aimed principally at China's opaque markets.

Under Chapter 32, the US could pull out of USMCA if either Canada or Mexico strike a trade deal with China that Washington does not like - making it unlikely or extremely difficult for either partner to take that risk.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/ ... 22058.html

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 pm

My understanding is that there is something in the US/Canada agreement that makes it harder for Canada to strike a free-trade agreement with China.

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:36 pm

The United States and China clashed on Wednesday (Nov 21) at a World Trade Organisation meeting with a US envoy accusing Beijing of using the WTO to pursue "non-market" policies and a Chinese official saying it was Washington that was flouting the rulebook.

US President Donald Trump has outraged US trading partners by erecting a tariff wall against imports of steel and aluminium - justified by US national security concerns - and has hit Chinese goods with huge tariffs over accusations of stealing US intellectual property.

At the meeting on Wednesday, where a slew of legal disputes over Trump's trade policies entered a formal adjudication phase, US Ambassador Dennis Shea said China was using the WTO to promote "non-market" policies, which had distorted world markets and led to massive excess capacity, especially in steel and aluminium.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east- ... ion-begins