Russian General Thread 10-17-2016

Reports on current military activity
workingdog

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:43 pm

pnitro4 wrote:SyrianMilitaryCap. ‏@syrianmilitary · 20 min.
#Russia n Navy #Yantar removed a #USA under sea Sonar network along the Syrian coast ,linked to NATO bases in #Cyprus and #Mersin
Not sure about the credibility of that Twitter account, but some things do seem to line up. If it's true, the whole situation is very concerning and could be tied to the escalation in tensions. They claim that the reason for this cut is twofold: 1. To protect the Russian base in Tartus, and 2. As retaliation for the US cutting a network line to Lebanon:

Little reading in between the lines does turn up quite a bit of complaining about slow and unavailable Internet in Lebanon: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... w&src=typd

Something to watch, at least.

Beяnie
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:45 pm

workingdog wrote:
pnitro4 wrote:SyrianMilitaryCap. ‏@syrianmilitary · 20 min.
#Russia n Navy #Yantar removed a #USA under sea Sonar network along the Syrian coast ,linked to NATO bases in #Cyprus and #Mersin
Not sure about the credibility of that Twitter account, but some things do seem to line up. If it's true, the whole situation is very concerning and could be tied to the escalation in tensions. They claim that the reason for this cut is twofold: 1. To protect the Russian base in Tartus, and 2. As retaliation for the US cutting a network line to Lebanon:

Little reading in between the lines does turn up quite a bit of complaining about slow and unavailable Internet in Lebanon: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... w&src=typd

Something to watch, at least.
Looks pretty biased (based off profile pic lol) but I wouldn't really doubt the information. Guess it's a watch-and-see thing for right now.
"You are remembered for the rules you break, not the ones you follow"
- General Douglas MacArthur

workingdog

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Beяnie wrote:
Looks pretty biased (based off profile pic lol) but I wouldn't really doubt the information. Guess it's a watch-and-see thing for right now.
Haha, yeah, my thoughts too, but there could still be a kernel of truth somewhere in there.

coldFusionGuy
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:18 pm

workingdog wrote:
Beяnie wrote:
Haha, yeah, my thoughts too, but there could still be a kernel of truth somewhere in there.
SitRep shouldn't really be for discussing why something happened, only that it happened and how it can affect US assets and allies imo. Just an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. ;)

workingdog

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:24 pm

coldFusionGuy wrote:
workingdog wrote:
Beяnie wrote:
SitRep shouldn't really be for discussing why something happened, only that it happened and how it can affect US assets and allies imo. Just an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. ;)
Don't want to sidetrack too much, but I agree 100%. That's why I waited to share until I could gather some circumstantial evidence for the claims, especially as we've been following that ship's progress over the underseas cables.

For some content, the UK treasury is claiming that the RT account freeze is not due to any Treasury action and strictly on the part of the bank:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... ays-editor

rapidfire25

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:43 pm

does any one have any clear idea as to what is currently happening to many unverified claims flying around in all spheres domestic politics and international.

BygmesterFinn
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:44 pm

rapidfire25 wrote:does any one have any clear idea as to what is currently happening to many unverified claims flying around in all spheres domestic politics and international.
Such as?

rapidfire25

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:59 pm

hell just any thing between wiki leaks Motorola getting wasted by the ukranians and renewal of hostility large amounts of naval movements by the usa and Russia amongst other thigns.

BygmesterFinn
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:02 pm

rapidfire25 wrote:hell just any thing between wiki leaks Motorola getting wasted by the ukranians and renewal of hostility large amounts of naval movements by the usa and Russia amongst other thigns.
Aloe of misinformation/unverifiable info. Russian naval movements were planned for months their aircraft carriers going to the med.
Essentially were living in 1973

BygmesterFinn
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:01 pm