Russian General Thread 10-17-2016

Reports on current military activity
mikeNH

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:51 am

vitchilo wrote:
Godzilla85 wrote:whole northern fleet...that can't be good
The question I have is.. .does it include the SSBNs? :o
This is a great question. Were the SSBNs deployed too, and if so, where are they? Hopefully the US Navy knows. Russia has been making moves lately that look like first-strike preps.

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:53 am

RiffRaff wrote:
chiari wrote:where is DWS Intel Twitter?
Looks like the account has been deleted... :shock:
Has completely disappeared! Why?

loolY

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am

Silent wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:
chiari wrote:where is DWS Intel Twitter?
Looks like the account has been deleted... :shock:
Has completely disappeared! Why?
They posted something about the site changing to https://***********.org/ and the old @DEFCONWS is now https://twitter.com/***********/ but I don't know what happend to DWSIntel.

TonyG

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:43 am

It appears as though Tom and rhe staff are at Defcon 1.

TonyG

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:45 am

I wish the new site success. Thank you for all the intriguing comments and I will be sure to follow the new site.

Gen Jack D. Ripper
Regular contributor

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:58 am

vitchilo wrote:
Godzilla85 wrote:whole northern fleet...that can't be good
The question I have is.. .does it include the SSBNs?

If so, it means Russia has deployed all their nuclear submarines... for what purpose? Tell NATO to go to hell and not move on Syria? Or a first strike?

Putin KNOWS Obama is weak. Does he thinks he can get away with a first strike on the US? :o
The SSBN are probably staying in some safe northern water where Russia has complete control of air and sea. Maybe some Oscar class subs if they want some underwater power to strike on Syria.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:44 am

Russia wants to weaken the EU, EU leaders say

Russia is trying to weaken the European Union, EU leaders agreed on Thursday, noting they needed to stay the course and remain united in policies towards Moscow.

"Leaders emphasized all sorts of Russian hostilities from airspace violations to information campaigns, cyber attacks, interference into the political processes in the EU and beyond," the chairman of the EU summit Donald Tusk told a news conference.

"Given these examples, it is clear that Russia's strategy is to weaken the EU," he said.

"Creating tensions with Russia is not our aim. We are simply reacting to steps taken by Russia. Of course the EU is always ready to engage in dialogue but we will not compromise our values or principles," he said.

"That is why we agreed to stay the course and above all to keep the unity of the EU," he said.

EU leaders also agreed to consider all available options if Russian military continued to commit atrocities in Syria alongside the Syrian army.

But the leaders stopped short of spelling out in their conclusions that these options included new sanctions against individuals and entities, as in the initial draft of the conclusions.

Read more at
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN12L01N
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "