Battle for Mosul

Reports on current military activity
NearchosCretan

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:20 pm

Not only Mosul, but Thessaloniki, Western Thrace and the Aegean islands. The Lausanne Treaty is de-facto defunct and thus, the area between Greece and Western Anatolia a region of a high risk.

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Turkey will protect its assets, being ISIS. They will likely give them a way to disappear or outright fight off the Iraqi army and Iranian fighters by having Turkish troops take their uniforms off and put on civilian clothes. Rotate their men in and out to make it seem like ISIS is a bigger force and harder to fight. That is what Iraq fears but hopefully the Peshmerga forces will expose and put an end to any Turkish antics like that.

I love how Iraqi and U.S. forces can shell and bomb Mosul to root out ISIS but Russia cant bomb Aleppo to do the same lol.

matty1053
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:54 pm

rudemarine wrote:Turkey will protect its assets, being ISIS. They will likely give them a way to disappear or outright fight off the Iraqi army and Iranian fighters by having Turkish troops take their uniforms off and put on civilian clothes. Rotate their men in and out to make it seem like ISIS is a bigger force and harder to fight. That is what Iraq fears but hopefully the Peshmerga forces will expose and put an end to any Turkish antics like that.

I love how Iraqi and U.S. forces can shell and bomb Mosul to root out ISIS but Russia cant bomb Aleppo to do the same lol.
Russia/Asad are bombing a lot of civilian targets........

Indrid Gold

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:48 pm

Day one of the offensive is over, with all objectives and goals being met (at least from Peshmerga forces) according to Rudaw.

Tamu2019

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:20 pm

vitchilo wrote:It seems to me this could get dicey :
Massive Turkish army Deployment near the Iraqi- Turkish border
+
#iraqi army ordered to consider Turkish army in Iraq as enemy,it will clash with it if they prevent liberation of Mosul
+
Erdogan says 'out of question' for Turkey to stay out of Mosul operation
=
really bad
If Iraq engages those forces, they are gonna have a bad time. That being said, if they do and Turkey is technically a NATO member still for some reason, I don't see any other member nations running to their aid. It sets a dangerous precedent for turkey to dredge up the past and start laying claim to areas they haven't controlled in decades, how long before Iran does the same?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~Napoleon Bonaparte

billyjack2

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:34 pm

matty1053 wrote:
rudemarine wrote:Turkey will protect its assets, being ISIS. They will likely give them a way to disappear or outright fight off the Iraqi army and Iranian fighters by having Turkish troops take their uniforms off and put on civilian clothes. Rotate their men in and out to make it seem like ISIS is a bigger force and harder to fight. That is what Iraq fears but hopefully the Peshmerga forces will expose and put an end to any Turkish antics like that.

lol Ok. Good logic.

Doom

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:18 pm

rudemarine wrote:
matty1053 wrote:

Unless you are there and have seen it for yourself, you are nuts to believe CNN, BBC or any of the Alphabet broadcasters lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km5CJo9JkDI Busted lying about everything in Syria.

You're proof is RT? A Kremlin mouthpiece? You're fucking kidding me, right? :roll:

Harbinger

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Does anyone know if Mosul has 753 hospitals like Allepo?
Pro Patria Vigilans

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:53 am

Harbinger wrote:Does anyone know if Mosul has 753 hospitals like Allepo?
...I know you're trying to be funny, but it's uncalled for right now.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Harbinger

Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:59 am

jayfeather31 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:Does anyone know if Mosul has 753 hospitals like Allepo?
...I know you're trying to be funny, but it's uncalled for right now.
I can't imagine what the citizens of Mosul must be going through right now. There are military forces surrounding them, and artillery and aircraft pounding the city. It must be truly terrifying! How many will die as a result of this? What will happen to these poor souls when the invaders take the city? We need the UN to get involved to stop this catastrophe.

#PrayForMosul #StopTheSeige
Pro Patria Vigilans