BREAKING: US Launches strikes on Yemeni Radar Sites

Reports on current military activity
SpartanElite

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:51 am

jjjppp11 wrote:Iran is going to be pissed. I guarantee that those radar sites were constructed with the immediate help of iranian contractors.
Don't worry they'll just rebuild them with the money we gave them...

6X9

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:54 am

Entertaining or not everyone gets to see how accurate US missile technology is. Which will make others think more than twice before taking pot shots at US assets.

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:57 am

6X9 wrote:Entertaining or not everyone gets to see how accurate US missile technology is. Which will make others think more than twice before taking pot shots at US assets.
Agree. This was timed well with Russia cracking the shits.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Dixon

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:40 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/che ... ?tid=sm_tw
“These limited self-defense strikes were conducted to protect our personnel, our ships, and our freedom of navigation in this important maritime passageway,” Cook said. “The United States will respond to any further threat to our ships and commercial traffic, as appropriate, and will continue to maintain our freedom of navigation in the Red Sea, the Bab al-Mandeb, and elsewhere around the world.”
Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him?
- Blaise Pascal

TonyG

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:48 am

Do you think this was a limited response saying dont mess with us or do you think the story has a chapter or two left and there will be a further response by the Navy (kind of like lets make sure they know that we mean business)? I would say the response has been very patient and I am surprised the Navy didn't respond after the attacks on Sunday.

Train

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:22 am

jayfeather31 wrote:
Beяnie wrote:
jayfeather31 wrote:...and now for something completely different.
References, references everywhere :geek:
I'm serious! I would not have predicted this.

(But yeah, it's a Monty Python reference.)
Just like the Spanish Inquisition! Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

But yeah on topic, i can't see this becoming too serious of an issue but we're gonna have to look out for Irans response. They ain't gonna be too happy about this like everyone else has said

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:17 am

TonyG wrote:Do you think this was a limited response saying dont mess with us or do you think the story has a chapter or two left and there will be a further response by the Navy (kind of like lets make sure they know that we mean business)? I would say the response has been very patient and I am surprised the Navy didn't respond after the attacks on Sunday.
I think the Navy has done this to ensure the Houthis do not try to kill another ship. There is an incredible amount of cargo and a large amount of military assets in the area, and a blockage or combat would be expensive. I don't think there will be anything greater then tomahawk strikes, the Saudis are more interested (and active) in Yemen then the USA.
On the radio I heard

joe1971

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:04 am

Seems to me that it was taking advantage of the opportunity to put all our adversaries on notice "WE WILL BITE BACK"

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:25 am

joe1971 wrote:Seems to me that it was taking advantage of the opportunity to put all our adversaries on notice "WE WILL BITE BACK"
My thoughts exactly. But I think it's a two birds with one stone situation; The USA can stop Houthis shooting ships, and send a message to Russia that they are not afraid to hit back if messed with.
On the radio I heard

KelcYeoner
Regular contributor

Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:12 pm