Philipines cuts military ties with United states

Reports on current military activity
Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:42 pm

TruthandJustice wrote:Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
A very good warning to heed.
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

Steiner
Regular contributor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:50 pm

would China be interested in a acquisition of the Philipines?
"They're in front of us, beside us and behind us. They can't get away now" - Gen.Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Steiner wrote:would China be interested in a acquisition of the Philipines?
I wouldn't think so, however, China is probably looking for allies, and the Philippines wouldn't be a bad addition, to say the least.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:58 pm

jayfeather31 wrote:
I wouldn't think so, however, China is probably looking for allies, and the Philippines wouldn't be a bad addition, to say the least.
They have a stake in the SCS.

Also, this just dropped: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/824760/dut ... -china-sea
Malacañang said on Wednesday that President Duterte was determined to stop joint patrols with the United States in the South China Sea despite Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonio Carpio’s reminder that the Constitution mandated the state to protect the country’s territorial waters and exclusive economic zone (EEZ).

Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said Mr. Duterte ordered a stop to joint patrols between the Philippine Navy and the US Navy because he did not want any Philippine action that China might deem hostile.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:19 pm

hrng wrote:
jayfeather31 wrote:
They have a stake in the SCS.

Also, this just dropped: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/824760/dut ... -china-sea
Malacañang said on Wednesday that President Duterte was determined to stop joint patrols with the United States in the South China Sea despite Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonio Carpio’s reminder that the Constitution mandated the state to protect the country’s territorial waters and exclusive economic zone (EEZ).

Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said Mr. Duterte ordered a stop to joint patrols between the Philippine Navy and the US Navy because he did not want any Philippine action that China might deem hostile.

action that China might deem hostile? :lol:
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

TheWorldWatcher

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:42 am

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/10/13/asia ... tmobile-us "US Alliance Will remain but no military trainings."

killjoy27

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:54 pm

I would not be surprised if elements of the Filipino Military has plans for a Coup in the works.

Fox One

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:28 pm

killjoy27 wrote:I would not be surprised if elements of the Filipino Military has plans for a Coup in the works.
Unless they have a strong desire to become allies with China and Russia, they better. This Duturte character is crazier than a s%#* house rat.

Xexmi
Regular contributor

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:00 am

If the Philippines is wanting any part of the South China Sea, it's in their best interest to not antagonize the US. It doesn't matter if China likes you, they aren't gonna give you any piece of those islands.

amerisafe

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:54 am

Another Obama success story. Has he ever done the right thing with any country. I bet all countries cant wait for Mr Trump to become POTUS