Russia, Turkey call for urgent end to bloodshed in Syria

Reports on current military activity
Encyclopath
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Harbinger wrote:
Oswald wrote:Turkey, Russia sign gas pipeline deal, Discount

The leaders of Turkey and Russia have overseen the signing of a deal to build a gas pipeline from Russia, a project that was suspended amid tensions between the two countries. Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan watched as their countries' energy ministers sealed the "Turkish Stream" project that would bring gas from Russia to Turkey. It would then be distributed to European Union nations. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/ ... 0-11-16-04
This is fantastic news! Hopefully this will put a stopper in western hopes to run the Qatari natural gas pipeline through. If the Russian pipeline actually wins, then there's no more need for my America to arm terrorists to overthrow Assad! That means less American special operators coming home in body bags, and less civilian casualties to boot. Maybe then we can rebuild Syria back into the moderate nation it was before we so graciously intervened on behalf of the oppressed Syrian population.
It would also eliminate the need for Russia to bomb Syrian cities, no?

Harbinger

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:31 pm

Encyclopath wrote:It would also eliminate the need for Russia to bomb Syrian cities, no?
Absolutely! As soon as the western-supported terrorists are destroyed and peace is restored to the land.

By the way, Russia doesn't bomb cities. It bombs targets in cities. I find the propaganda coming from my own country on the matter quite rich, especially since we have on numerous occasions sent mass bomber flights over enemy cities with no particular target in mind, and burned those cities to ash. Really, really rich stuff! Let he who has not sinned...
Pro Patria Vigilans

Fox One

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:24 am

Harbinger wrote:
Encyclopath wrote:It would also eliminate the need for Russia to bomb Syrian cities, no?
Absolutely! As soon as the western-supported terrorists are destroyed and peace is restored to the land.

By the way, Russia doesn't bomb cities. It indiscriminately bombs targets in cities. I find the propaganda coming from my own country on the matter quite rich, especially since we have on numerous occasions sent mass bomber flights over enemy cities with no particular target in mind, and burned those cities to ash. Really, really rich stuff! Let he who has not sinned...

Harbinger

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:37 am

Fox One wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

By the way, Russia doesn't bomb cities. It indiscriminately bombs targets in cities. I find the propaganda coming from my own country on the matter quite rich, especially since we have on numerous occasions sent mass bomber flights over enemy cities with no particular target in mind, and burned those cities to ash. Really, really rich stuff! Let he who has not sinned...
What would you say if you were on the other "side?" Consider it a thought experiment, no harm can come of it. If the Russians said this of American bombing, what would you say and think in reply? It's fun! Everyone can do it! Join in gang!

"Indiscriminate bombing is a complete waste of a perfectly good sortie and munitions. These are ridiculous accusations" See, it's fun!

The idea that anyone would believe this is true of "their nation's sworn enemy" but not of their own nation should probably be less shocking to me than it is. But then, I quit drinking the kool-aid years ago.
Pro Patria Vigilans

rapidfire25

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:58 am

Harbinger wrote:
Fox One wrote:
Harbinger wrote: Absolutely! As soon as the western-supported terrorists are destroyed and peace is restored to the land.

What would you say if you were on the other "side?" Consider it a thought experiment, no harm can come of it. If the Russians said this of American bombing, what would you say and think in reply? It's fun! Everyone can do it! Join in gang!

"Indiscriminate bombing is a complete waste of a perfectly good sortie and munitions. These are ridiculous accusations" See, it's fun!

The idea that anyone would believe this is true of "their nation's sworn enemy" but not of their own nation should probably be less shocking to me than it is. But then, I quit drinking the kool-aid years ago.
While I do not support Russian endeavors I am tired of the medias attempts at moral justification for our intervention as it is faulty logic as by the same conclusion Russia should liberate America. Let me give you some examples
Western media: the local population does not support the current government
Russia: the American people give congress a single digit approval rating and Obama bellow a 50,
Western media: Assad commits atrocities against his people
Russia: America has the largest nonviolent prison population in the world, and has numerous black sites where its citizens have been detained and interrogated and has wagged an unjust war on drugs.
Western media: Assad uses chemical weapons on his people.
Russia: America has conducted numerous human tests with out consent such as MK ultra, midnight climax and many others, without regards to peoples human rights. Not only that but they have deliberately let people drink contaminated water in multiple cities that has caused irreversible harm to the children living there.
western media: Assad only benefits him self and friends.
Russia: the only economic group to see any real gains in salary in America for the last decade was the top 1 percent while every one else either lost income or had stagnation.

rapidfire25

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:02 am

I believe in making my local area better rather then trying to fix the world.

Harbinger

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:06 am

rapidfire25 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Fox One wrote:

While I do not support Russian endeavors I am tired of the medias attempts at moral justification for our intervention as it is faulty logic as by the same conclusion Russia should liberate America. Let me give you some examples
Western media: the local population does not support the current government
Russia: the American people give congress a single digit approval rating and Obama bellow a 50,
Western media: Assad commits atrocities against his people
Russia: America has the largest nonviolent prison population in the world, and has numerous black sites where its citizens have been detained and interrogated and has wagged an unjust war on drugs.
Western media: Assad uses chemical weapons on his people.
Russia: America has conducted numerous human tests with out consent such as MK ultra, midnight climax and many others, without regards to peoples human rights. Not only that but they have deliberately let people drink contaminated water in multiple cities that has caused irreversible harm to the children living there.
western media: Assad only benefits him self and friends.
Russia: the only economic group to see any real gains in salary in America for the last decade was the top 1 percent while every one else either lost income or had stagnation.
I'm actually quite shocked at their restraint.
Pro Patria Vigilans