The Russian Armed Forces may return to the former Soviet bases in Cuba and Vietnam

Reports on current military activity
krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9433
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:57 pm

In russian newspaper izwiesta was article about russian bases in syria egypt,cuba.
I m wonder about iskander in cuba.....will pytin place them?

matty1053
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 am

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:29 pm

krzepice1976 wrote:In russian newspaper izwiesta was article about russian bases in syria egypt,cuba.
I m wonder about iskander in cuba.....will pytin place them?
The US would have a huge fit about that. Probably another Cuban Missile Crisis for that matter.

If Russia is gonna spend that money on bringing just Isklander Missiles to Cuba... Just bring a few SS-27 Missiles, and S400 Systems to Cuba. Sure the range is overkill on the SS-27, but hey... if they want another Cuban Missile Crisis, just bring bigger and badder Mobile Launched ICBM systems in!

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 9433
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Icbm arę big and difficult to carry.iskander it is smaller.
Us shall inform cuba that they have two option. Kickk putin ass (and have good relation with us/ue)or has huge issues.
I hope that republicans will play it smart and help kerry with cuba(and egypt).

matty1053
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 am

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:58 pm

krzepice1976 wrote:Icbm arę big and difficult to carry.iskander it is smaller.
Us shall inform cuba that they have two option. Kickk putin ass (and have good relation with us/ue)or has huge issues.
I hope that republicans will play it smart and help kerry with cuba(and egypt).
I would guess (just speculating) that is the reason why we unfroze relations with Cuba. Would make sense to have decent relations, well at least better.

Either way having the Iskander missiles in Cuba would really kill relations with the Russians. This site would probably be at Defcon 3. Putting the Iskander missiles there would be in range to strike the US CENTCOM HQ. As well as a few other military places in Florida.

User avatar
DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2504
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:05 pm

matty1053 wrote:
krzepice1976 wrote:Icbm arę big and difficult to carry.iskander it is smaller.
Us shall inform cuba that they have two option. Kickk putin ass (and have good relation with us/ue)or has huge issues.
I hope that republicans will play it smart and help kerry with cuba(and egypt).
I would guess (just speculating) that is the reason why we unfroze relations with Cuba. Would make sense to have decent relations, well at least better.

Either way having the Iskander missiles in Cuba would really kill relations with the Russians. This site would probably be at Defcon 3. Putting the Iskander missiles there would be in range to strike the US CENTCOM HQ. As well as a few other military places in Florida.
Isnt CENTCOM HQ in the Rockies now?
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

User avatar
jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Location: Douglas, WY / Converse County
Contact:

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:07 pm

DirtyDevil69 wrote:
matty1053 wrote:
krzepice1976 wrote:Icbm arę big and difficult to carry.iskander it is smaller.
Us shall inform cuba that they have two option. Kickk putin ass (and have good relation with us/ue)or has huge issues.
I hope that republicans will play it smart and help kerry with cuba(and egypt).
I would guess (just speculating) that is the reason why we unfroze relations with Cuba. Would make sense to have decent relations, well at least better.

Either way having the Iskander missiles in Cuba would really kill relations with the Russians. This site would probably be at Defcon 3. Putting the Iskander missiles there would be in range to strike the US CENTCOM HQ. As well as a few other military places in Florida.
Isnt CENTCOM HQ in the Rockies now?
Actually, I think it's in Tampa, Florida. Specifically, MacDill Air Force Base.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

matty1053
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 am

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:19 pm

DirtyDevil69 wrote:
matty1053 wrote:
krzepice1976 wrote:Icbm arę big and difficult to carry.iskander it is smaller.
Us shall inform cuba that they have two option. Kickk putin ass (and have good relation with us/ue)or has huge issues.
I hope that republicans will play it smart and help kerry with cuba(and egypt).
I would guess (just speculating) that is the reason why we unfroze relations with Cuba. Would make sense to have decent relations, well at least better.

Either way having the Iskander missiles in Cuba would really kill relations with the Russians. This site would probably be at Defcon 3. Putting the Iskander missiles there would be in range to strike the US CENTCOM HQ. As well as a few other military places in Florida.
Isnt CENTCOM HQ in the Rockies now?
No, it's in Tampa at MacDill AFB

User avatar
Fox One
.
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:17 am

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:30 am

Somehow, I doubt the Cubans are overly interested in serving as useful idiots to the Russians yet again. That would especially be true after relations between the U.S. and Cuba have been restored.

For that matter, I am not sure the Vietnamese would want them back either. It seems the Vietnamese are more interested in developing military ties with the U.S. right now due to the actions of China. In fact, I hear they would welcome the idea of the U.S. having a naval base there.

Dtripolino
New member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:04 am

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:57 am

matty1053 wrote:
DirtyDevil69 wrote:
matty1053 wrote: I would guess (just speculating) that is the reason why we unfroze relations with Cuba. Would make sense to have decent relations, well at least better.

Either way having the Iskander missiles in Cuba would really kill relations with the Russians. This site would probably be at Defcon 3. Putting the Iskander missiles there would be in range to strike the US CENTCOM HQ. As well as a few other military places in Florida.
Isnt CENTCOM HQ in the Rockies now?
I'm in Tampa and yes, CENTCOM is here at MacDill

User avatar
jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Location: Douglas, WY / Converse County
Contact:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Fox One wrote:Somehow, I doubt the Cubans are overly interested in serving as useful idiots to the Russians yet again. That would especially be true after relations between the U.S. and Cuba have been restored.

For that matter, I am not sure the Vietnamese would want them back either. It seems the Vietnamese are more interested in developing military ties with the U.S. right now due to the actions of China. In fact, I hear they would welcome the idea of the U.S. having a naval base there.
Times sure have changed, haven't they?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Locked