US Formally blames Russia for hacks

Reports on current military activity
Ruffinput

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Saw this tweet Reuters reported on it aswell this will definitely lighten things up :lol:

@ericgeller's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/7 ... 20449?s=09

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSK ... ium=Social

Slim313shady

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:10 pm

Ruffinput wrote:Saw this tweet Reuters reported on it aswell this will definitely lighten things up :lol:

@ericgeller's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/7 ... 20449?s=09

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSK ... ium=Social
I think this is exchanging of accusations.Tension is high and i think Decon 4 is good thing to do right now.

TruthandJustice
Regular contributor

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Couldn't this be considered an act of war no different than assassinating a leader?

Edit: Of course, we have been influencing other elections for years so all is fair right?

Fox One

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:29 pm

I agree that tensions are at a heightened state right now, but I don't view this as any particularly big deal in the grand scheme of things. Yeah, the Russians are probably behind the hacking and I'm sure U.S. officials are pissed about it. But the United States is not going to war with Russia over some hacked emails. That said, Russia might be fair game for a little U.S. cyber warfare and other such shenanigans.

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:43 pm

The tensions are certainly higher than one year ago or 2 years when DWS even went to DEF 3.
DEF 4 would therefore be justified in my opinion.

Obreid
Regular contributor

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:00 pm

The thing that has me most concerned is not anyone conflict or tit for tat currently taking place. Its the combination of them coming from all corners. I don't know if it's taken as a whole if it does indeed raise the stakes, but it raises my level of unease.

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:03 pm

DEFCON 4 is not justified by anything at the moment as their is no clear nuclear, or even conventional threat to US forces or its Assets.

Just because someones throwing some words around, doesnt mean you should jump in and punch them.

If the staff feel it neccessary, they will alert us to a level raise, but with my life experience and limited contacts, i personally feel that a increase in alert level is, at this moment, uncalled for.

While i personally love your opinions, i dont think calling for DEFCON level changes helps anyone on this board.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

Oxcart138

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Hmmmmm

beanywalrus

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:13 pm

DirtyDevil69 wrote:DEFCON 4 is not justified by anything at the moment as their is no clear nuclear, or even conventional threat to US forces or its Assets.

Just because someones throwing some words around, doesnt mean you should jump in and punch them.

If the staff feel it neccessary, they will alert us to a level raise, but with my life experience and limited contacts, i personally feel that a increase in alert level is, at this moment, uncalled for.

While i personally love your opinions, i dont think calling for DEFCON level changes helps anyone on this board.
You must be a blast at parties.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:17 pm

TruthandJustice wrote:Couldn't this be considered an act of war no different than assassinating a leader?

Edit: Of course, we have been influencing other elections for years so all is fair right?
The US was previously said that cyber attacks will be considered an act of war. Whether they respond or not will be interesting, as they don't have much evidence to go on. Atm it's just propaganda.