Russia: Attack on Russian Embassy in Damascus is due to US support to so-called armed opposition

Reports on current military activity
coldFusionGuy
Regular contributor
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:34 am

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Oswald wrote:Moscow, SANA- The Russian Foreign Ministry said in Tuesday that the mortar attack on the Russian Embassy in Damascus which took place on Monday evening came as a result of the acts of the United States and some of its allies who continuously provoke the crisis in Syria by flirting with militants and extremists of all sorts. The Ministry said in a statement that on Monday evening, three mortar shells were fired on the Russian Embassy Building in Damascus by armed terrorist groups positioned in Jobar neighborhood and the Eastern Ghouta.

According to the statement, one of the shells fell inside the embassy near the residential compound but none of the embassy staff were hurt, but the building sustained damage, while the other two shells fell near the embassy’s building. The Russian Foreign Ministry said that according to the available information, the attack was launched from Jobar neighborhood where the terrorist groups of Jabhat al-Nusra and the so-called “Failaq al-Rahman” are positioned. “We will be taking all necessary actions for the sake of eliminating the terrorist threat and restoring peace and security to Syrian soil,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said. http://sana.sy/en/?p=89646
Also keep in mind this is SANA. They're not exactly unbiased. But if this is true, then crap.

Tamu2019
.
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Texas

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Kerosene meet fire, fire-kerosene. Seriously, nothing like blaming another superpower for the attack on your embassy even though we obviously have less than nothing to gain out of attacks on an embassy of any country. Sounds like something out of 24. Despite the ominous sound of this I doubt it changes anything at all.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~Napoleon Bonaparte

KelcYeoner
Regular contributor
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:03 pm

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:08 pm

Well, I don't think this surprises anyone. We knew they'd come out and say it.

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:12 pm

coldFusionGuy wrote:
Oswald wrote:Moscow, SANA- The Russian Foreign Ministry said in Tuesday that the mortar attack on the Russian Embassy in Damascus which took place on Monday evening came as a result of the acts of the United States and some of its allies who continuously provoke the crisis in Syria by flirting with militants and extremists of all sorts. The Ministry said in a statement that on Monday evening, three mortar shells were fired on the Russian Embassy Building in Damascus by armed terrorist groups positioned in Jobar neighborhood and the Eastern Ghouta.

According to the statement, one of the shells fell inside the embassy near the residential compound but none of the embassy staff were hurt, but the building sustained damage, while the other two shells fell near the embassy’s building. The Russian Foreign Ministry said that according to the available information, the attack was launched from Jobar neighborhood where the terrorist groups of Jabhat al-Nusra and the so-called “Failaq al-Rahman” are positioned. “We will be taking all necessary actions for the sake of eliminating the terrorist threat and restoring peace and security to Syrian soil,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said. http://sana.sy/en/?p=89646
Also keep in mind this is SANA. They're not exactly unbiased. But if this is true, then crap.


I could say the same about CNN & Co. This is not an argument.

billyjack2
.
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Silent wrote:
coldFusionGuy wrote:
Oswald wrote:Moscow, SANA- The Russian Foreign Ministry said in Tuesday that the mortar attack on the Russian Embassy in Damascus which took place on Monday evening came as a result of the acts of the United States and some of its allies who continuously provoke the crisis in Syria by flirting with militants and extremists of all sorts. The Ministry said in a statement that on Monday evening, three mortar shells were fired on the Russian Embassy Building in Damascus by armed terrorist groups positioned in Jobar neighborhood and the Eastern Ghouta.

According to the statement, one of the shells fell inside the embassy near the residential compound but none of the embassy staff were hurt, but the building sustained damage, while the other two shells fell near the embassy’s building. The Russian Foreign Ministry said that according to the available information, the attack was launched from Jobar neighborhood where the terrorist groups of Jabhat al-Nusra and the so-called “Failaq al-Rahman” are positioned. “We will be taking all necessary actions for the sake of eliminating the terrorist threat and restoring peace and security to Syrian soil,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said. http://sana.sy/en/?p=89646
Also keep in mind this is SANA. They're not exactly unbiased. But if this is true, then crap.


I could say the same about CNN & Co. This is not an argument.
Unfortunately, it is very hard to find actual unbiased news. :/

User avatar
jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Location: Douglas, WY / Converse County
Contact:

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:15 pm

billyjack2 wrote:
Silent wrote:
coldFusionGuy wrote: Also keep in mind this is SANA. They're not exactly unbiased. But if this is true, then crap.


I could say the same about CNN & Co. This is not an argument.
Unfortunately, it is very hard to find actual unbiased news. :/
News is always biased in some form. The idea of unbiased news in itself is a ridiculous notion. Subconsciously, we're always picking a side. I myself might proclaim neutrality, but I'll end up taking a position regardless.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

User avatar
Navarro
Power poster 2
Power poster 2
Posts: 3765
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:01 am

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:43 am

"US delegation blocked the UN Security Council of the Russian statement on the shelling of the embassy in Damascus."
Original: https://ria.ru/syria/20161005/1478518655.html
Translation: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=

“'[The statement] was actually blocked by the US delegation, which tried to add extraneous elements.' ... According to the ministry statement, the embassy was shelled from the Jobar municipality controlled by Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (formerly known as al-Nusra Front) and Faylaq al-Rahman militant groups."
https://sputniknews.com/politics/201610 ... ement.html

The groups al-Sham and al-Rahman are allies of Free Syrian Army, who are allies of the United States. Russia is suggesting that US-backed "moderate rebels" are responsible. Not shocking that America would block such a statement, attempting to amend it with extraneous language to distract from the content of the message.
Twitter: @DefconNavarro

Encyclopath
Regular contributor
Posts: 1035
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:26 am

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:44 am

Or the US refuses to allow a statement to be passed that wrongfully blames a specific party without evidence to implicate them.

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, Australia

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:47 am

Russia and China do the same thing quite often - take every UN statement on North Korea that's ever been proposed for example.

User avatar
Navarro
Power poster 2
Power poster 2
Posts: 3765
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:01 am

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:26 am

Encyclopath wrote:Or the US refuses to allow a statement to be passed that wrongfully blames a specific party without evidence to implicate them.
It's diplomacy, not a court of law. When has evidence ever been a requirement for accusation in international politics? The United States accused Russia of being responsible the destruction of the humanitarian aid convoy, but provided no evidence initially. Russia then responded with its own evidence, of precisely the same caliber, suggesting American involvement. If Russian claimed that CB radar had lead the Syrian Army to the site in which the mortars were fired, and they captured several individuals in possession of a mortar at that location, and upon interrogation by Syrian and Russian intelligence, they revealed that they were members of al-Sham and al-Rahman, and furthermore identity checks confirmed this to be true, would you suddenly believe them? Of course not, because you'd be taking Russia's word for it. You could never know whether or not the evidence was fabricated, regardless of what that evidence was or who was providing it - unless you conducted that investigation personally.

I hope you don't mean to suggest that it's okay for America to make accusations without evidence but not for the Russians, or that American evidence can be trusted but the Russia's evidence cannot. I seem to recall something about Saddam Hussein purchasing Yellow Cake from Africa, which he was using to fuel his nuclear weapons program, and that Iraq already possessed "weapons of mass destruction." The French said that wasn't true, affirmed that their intelligence has determined America's accusations are a lie, and a propaganda campaign took place in America. "Freedom fries" and "French tanks have one forward gear and six reverse," you know, because they're cowards. Except, it was a lie. There was no nuclear weapons program, and there were no weapons of mass destruction.

You can't trust anybody, and I strongly recommend that you don't trust a party simply for the purpose of "rooting for the home team." Whether or not Russia is wrongly blaming al-Sham and al-Rahman is undeterminable by you and I, but a lack of evidence has never been sufficient reason for barring a government from condemning the party they say are responsible for a terror attack against them.
Twitter: @DefconNavarro

Post Reply