US considers military options in #Syria as diplomatic efforts to stop the fighting fail.

Reports on current military activity
workingdog

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:49 pm

BygmesterFinn wrote:
pnitro4 wrote:zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 6 minHá 6 minutos
US To Suspend Syria Diplomacy With Russia, Prepares "Military Options"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-2 ... ry-options
Ok, but its zerohedge...
I've lost count of how many global meltdowns we should have experienced if ZH were accurate.

TruthandJustice
Regular contributor

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:50 pm

How can you suspend something that never existed in the first place?

chiari

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:50 pm

AFP and reliable source OR ALSO IS NOT ????

BygmesterFinn
Regular contributor

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:52 pm

pnitro4 wrote:
BygmesterFinn wrote:

Ok, but its zerohedge...
It is true that US will suspend talks on SYRIA only, zerohedge did misinterpret that however about the military option it was reported by many sources.
The military options, as reported and said earlier on this thread, are not gonna be boots on the ground or anything like that. Ffs, its the obama admin. If anything, well have Gulf states give arms to the rebels.

pnitro4

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:58 pm

BygmesterFinn wrote:
pnitro4 wrote:
BygmesterFinn wrote: Ok, but its zerohedge...
It is true that US will suspend talks on SYRIA only, zerohedge did misinterpret that however about the military option it was reported by many sources.
The military options, as reported and said earlier on this thread, are not gonna be boots on the ground or anything like that. Ffs, its the obama admin. If anything, well have Gulf states give arms to the rebels.
Don't they do that already? Maybe an increase of support but I read reports that they're considering air strikes against Syrian targets but highly risky and unlikely to happen

pringles
Regular contributor

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:00 pm

pnitro4 wrote:
BygmesterFinn wrote:

Ok, but its zerohedge...
The operation part is misleading to. They aren't "preparing" one like they are going to bomb Russia tomorrow. Low level staffers are maybe thinking about telling Obama that it might be worth him thinking about, and that's really been try for years at this point.

steve5304

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:05 pm

Unlikely military action. They are floating the idea to get Russia to back off the Aleppo Seige, or perhaps low level staffers believe this can be done on the Syrian Army and not harm or touch the Russian Expeditionary forces. I doubt Russia would react positively to that.

Trust me the first time an F-15 targets a Russian unit all hell will break loose on the streets of Moscow, they will be Unified to do something and something will have to be done.

pnitro4

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:13 pm

steve5304 wrote:Unlikely military action. They are floating the idea to get Russia to back off the Aleppo Seige, or perhaps low level staffers believe this can be done on the Syrian Army and not harm or touch the Russian Expeditionary forces. I doubt Russia would react positively to that.

Trust me the first time an F-15 targets a Russian unit all hell will break loose on the streets of Moscow, they will be Unified to do something and something will have to be done.
lol no, I doubt they would just go in and start shooting down Russian planes, all I'm saying is that even if mild military support is given to the rebels it has potential to worsen the situation and then that will lead to greater military support which will eventually completely destroy the crisis to point of no return, right now there is actually a pretty good chance that things can be sorted through diplomacy but its all up to the decisions of the governments of the US and Russia

Ivan

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Hey, guys, Are you know something about Kirby speech? Is he really threaten us? Is he going mad?

steve5304

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:56 pm

We have been supporting them...we have allegedly been bombing the Syrian army for four years every time they get close to a breakthrough ..they have been saying this for years and Israel claiming credit (yes it is true look it up) only lately do we have these 'accidents'...before we denied them and the media called it Syrian propaganda.

We have a pretty big interest in upending Assad. A future pipeline, democracy,a non Hezbollah supporting state. Politics aside, we are responsible for that uprising, we have been funneling money to it since 2012 and we own it but we never thought Assad could cling to power this long but we can't walk away we likely have some sort of special forces coordinating the rebellion
Last edited by steve5304 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.