Ukraine Situation, 8/22/16

Reports on current military activity
3877DeltaBravo
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Video from today, 8/22: Russian military vehicles purportedly traveling through Kazan towards the border with Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4TULjCfs3Y

Footage of Russian war games in Crimea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owflu5e6268

Ivan
.
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:55 pm
Location: Russia. Ural

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 pm

3877DeltaBravo wrote:Video from today, 8/22: Russian military vehicles purportedly traveling through Kazan towards the border with Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4TULjCfs3Y

Footage of Russian war games in Crimea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owflu5e6268
Kazan far away from ua border. More tan 1000 kilometers.

steve5304
.
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 am

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:02 pm

:o that's an entire mechanized division....another 27000 troops.


If that video is legit I fail to see this as a wargame. That's a redeployment

steve5304
.
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 am

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:06 pm

Also those bmp 2s are armed...the ammo trains are marked.


Need a confirmation on this video.

User avatar
TruthandJustice
Regular contributor
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:11 pm

steve5304 wrote::o that's an entire mechanized division....another 27000 troops.


If that video is legit I fail to see this as a wargame. That's a redeployment
It seems to be a perpetual drill these days. Drills themselves consume fuel and other resources and I believe there are risks from fatigue.

steve5304
.
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 am

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:21 pm

TruthandJustice wrote:
steve5304 wrote::o that's an entire mechanized division....another 27000 troops.


If that video is legit I fail to see this as a wargame. That's a redeployment
It seems to be a perpetual drill these days. Drills themselves consume fuel and other resources and I believe there are risks from fatigue.

Well yes but this is clearly a redeployment...kazan is 1000 miles from Ukraine...Drills would just have them fly in and use the equipment the last guys practiced on ( historically) that's how those things went. You don't actually redeploy the units equipment.


Something more to this for sure..a show of force I don't kno..maybe the equipment moving around on trains is disinformation...like how rommel let British spies stay in tobruk instead of arresting them on purpose then paraded through the city sending the same 44 tanks through the city 10 times to mimic a larger threat...to prevent a counterattack while resupply came. I think these trains may not actually be redeloyments..it's too expensive

I think I'm on to something with my thought...and I'm going to look for repetitive patterns in these videos and report back.

3877DeltaBravo
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:13 pm

... and here's a piece of Russian propaganda about Crimea that seems to have dropped yesterday; not quite "Living in America," but still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Oum4gcvbms

3877DeltaBravo
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Liveuamap.com citing a number of Tweets suggesting the entire front near Debal'tseve became active at midnight.

KelcYeoner
Regular contributor
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:03 pm

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:39 pm

3877DeltaBravo wrote:Liveuamap.com citing a number of Tweets suggesting the entire front near Debal'tseve became active at midnight.
Well... hmmm. That's not particularly inspiring.

User avatar
jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Location: Douglas, WY / Converse County
Contact:

Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 pm

KelcYeoner wrote:
3877DeltaBravo wrote:Liveuamap.com citing a number of Tweets suggesting the entire front near Debal'tseve became active at midnight.
Well... hmmm. That's not particularly inspiring.
Or rather, inspiring in the wrong direction. It'll inspire us here at the DWS to take action and monitor the situation, but the inspiration comes from a reason instigated by a bad event.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Locked