Beijing Sets "Red Line" on Japan-US Joint Operations

Reports on current military activity
jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:59 pm

Great... just great.

I'm actually a tad bit more concerned, especially since the red lines Beijing sets out are more serious than the ones we seem to set out, given China's current international reputation. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

NAIMINA

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:32 pm

I'm no war-hawk by any means but I think Japan should call their bluff here. China's claims to the SCS are ridiculous and the folks in Beijing must realize that war with Japan would almost certainly mean war with us. Keep up the pressure and hopefully they'll blink. When the chips are down I don't think they'll gamble with their very existence just to hold on to some artificial islands.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn return to the same box...

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:38 pm

NAIMINA wrote:I'm no war-hawk by any means but I think Japan should call their bluff here. China's claims to the SCS are ridiculous and the folks in Beijing must realize that war with Japan would almost certainly mean war with us. Keep up the pressure and hopefully they'll blink. When the chips are down I don't think they'll gamble with their very existence just to hold on to some artificial islands.
Maybe, but crazier things have happened. China is playing with the art of uncertainty, and being the ones who instigated the uncertainty gives them a significant advantage.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:07 am

Japan has no role in the SCS. It's the East China Sea that's it's main geographical dispute.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:43 am

Having de ja vu - I'm sure we've seen this threat before?

matty1053
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:41 am

jayfeather31 wrote:Great... just great.

I'm actually a tad bit more concerned, especially since the red lines Beijing sets out are more serious than the ones we seem to set out, given China's current international reputation. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.
China knows better. Either way they could do a catastrophic cyber attack against the US and Japan, and cause mass chaos without firing one shot.

Slim313shady

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:13 am

It's funny you know.When Xi Jinping speak in front of UN say's "We are peaceful nation" "We dont want War" "We will do anything to keep this Earth safe" and such.And now we see situation over SCS.It's eally funny.