Venezuela’s military emerges stronger during crisis

Reports on current military activity
jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Despite Venezuela's severe economic troubles, it would appear that the country's military seems to be doing rather fine.

ARTICLE: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ven ... spartanntp
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Init2winit

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:32 am

why is this in sitrep? Doesn't this belong in the general discussion section or am i missing something?

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:34 am

Init2winit wrote:why is this in sitrep? Doesn't this belong in the general discussion section or am i missing something?
...thing is, you're probably right, but the mods haven't moved it. I might be missing something as well. If I had to guess, it's because it's a military matter, one that could threaten the Venezuelan government.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:37 am

Venezuela is very anti-US. It is a big deal if the military has greater power.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Quantumlogic

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:56 pm

This could be important news. The Netherlands has a couple of islands in the sea close to the border of venezuela. A couple of years ago the former president of Venezuela said that Venezuela wanted those islands. In reaction to this the dutch increased their military assets on those islands with f16's and marines. The economie of those islands are rather strong. Venezuela is broke. I don't know how the relationship between the dutch and Venezuela are at the moment but The netherlands is a Nato country and Venezuela has very good ties with Russia. (weapon supplier) So here we are.

chiari

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:26 pm

NATO will have to give account of Venezuela, Syria, Iran, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Russia, China ..... They shit in Libya, are mired in Afghanistan .....