- Death toll: 232; 208 government supporters, 24 coup plotters.
- Sporadic violence continues.
- Reports that helicopters are still under control of rebel troops.
- Reports that Turkey has ordered any helicopters in the air be shot down.
- Large scale civil activity including rallies supporting Erdogan and conflict within Kurdish areas.
- An ever increasing number of people have been arrested or fired, any information I put here on numbers would be out of date by the time I hit submit.
- US/Turkey relations fraying. Signs point towards a pivot towards Russia, with Erdogan increasing ties prior to the coup.
- US consulate general in Istanbul says demonstrations are expected around its buildings.
- Merkel says that Turkey reinstating death penalty would mean immediate suspension of EU accession talks.
General opinion on the board seems to be that it's increasingly likely that the coup was staged by Erdogan or dodgy as fuck in some way. Public opinion seems to agree: https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comm ... w_turkish/
Yup, they've gone nuts.BREAKING: We may review our friendship with Washington: Turkish PM - @BarzanSadiq
MORE: Death penalty is what people in the streets are calling for. We must listen as we work for the people: Turkey PM - @HasanSari7
MORE: We are disappointed by US requesting proof linking Gulen to coup. Is this coup not proof enough?: Turkey PM - @HasanSari7
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... -jeopardy/
Unsure on the veracity here:Kerry warns Turkey’s NATO membership could be in jeopardy
https://twitter.com/JohnSjoholmLC/statu ... 7480407040
https://twitter.com/JohnSjoholmLC/statu ... 5714284544
Other sources seem to indicate that the AFB is operational again, so take that with a grain of salt.#US #Incirlik AFB remains closed down by #Turkey Authorities. Accusations endure against base for having been used by #TurkeyCoup to attack.
#US #Incirlik AFB remains non-operational; no word on outside power feed returning as of yet. Airspace talk between Civilian authorities.