FLASH OVERRIDE- Power Shut off to Turkey Incirlik Air Base

Reports on current military activity

User avatar
Diedrich
.
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 am

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Silent wrote:CNN Breaking News
Erdogan blames Cleric in US for failed Coup
They've been doing that for a while but they're trying to force the US to extradite him I think. The consequences of the US not doing it is falling on our military bases, hopefully turkey backs down otherwise our options are limited to withdraw or military action.

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:01 pm

CNN - Us bases in Turkey on high alert

bblock1210
.
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:08 pm

I know that NATO went on alert, but are they calling for an emergency meeting or anything like that? Turkey is acting like the crazy aunt you have that nobody really wants to deal with. Until you're forced to. If Erdogan loses his mind and goes after our nukes, Obama's hand will be forced. This whole situation has me a bit nervous.
We're going to rip out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.- Gen. George S. Patton

User avatar
Diedrich
.
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 am

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:11 pm

bblock1210 wrote:I know that NATO went on alert, but are they calling for an emergency meeting or anything like that? Turkey is acting like the crazy aunt you have that nobody really wants to deal with. Until you're forced to. If Erdogan loses his mind and goes after our nukes, Obama's hand will be forced. This whole situation has me a bit nervous.
Me too, and i'm usually the last person on this site to get worked up about some thing. It's a very tense situation, turkey is a complete wild card and erdogan is liable to lash out at anyone in his way.

bblock1210
.
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Diedrich wrote:
Silent wrote:CNN Breaking News
Erdogan blames Cleric in US for failed Coup
They've been doing that for a while but they're trying to force the US to extradite him I think. The consequences of the US not doing it is falling on our military bases, hopefully turkey backs down otherwise our options are limited to withdraw or military action.
Hmmm...nice that an ally gives us an ultimatum like that. Give us the cleric or we'll move on your bases and evict you like a bad tenant in the middle of the night. Very ally-like.
We're going to rip out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.- Gen. George S. Patton

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:14 pm

#Turkey update: authorities deny movement on/off #Incirlik Air Base, home of 39th Air Base Wing; power cut. https://www.
https://twitter.com/USCitizen95

User avatar
NAIMINA
.
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:02 pm
Location: Missouri, U.S.A.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:14 pm

If accusations that we're involved in the coup attempt are true, and I believe we could be, then it's obvious we have royally fucked up. Doing a little reading up on Gulen makes it clear he's a pretty huge deal. Will we throw him into the woodchipper just to try and smooth the whole mess over? And if we don't, what next? Christ, if we won't hand him over, and Erdogan won't back down, wouldn't we be in a defacto state of war with Turkey since they're essentially holding our personnel and assets hostage? Surreal.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn return to the same box...

bblock1210
.
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:19 pm

NAIMINA wrote:If accusations that we're involved in the coup attempt are true, and I believe we could be, then it's obvious we have royally fucked up. Doing a little reading up on Gulen makes it clear he's a pretty huge deal. Will we throw him into the woodchipper just to try and smooth the whole mess over? And if we don't, what next? Christ, if we won't hand him over, and Erdogan won't back down, wouldn't we be in a defacto state of war with Turkey since they're essentially holding our personnel and assets hostage? Surreal.
Bay of Pigs, anyone?? I'm really hoping we did not do that. But it would not shock me. That would be very bad if the Turks can prove it. That can screw up our whole relationship with NATO, I think .
We're going to rip out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.- Gen. George S. Patton

Silent
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:27 pm

BREAKING: Turkish minister blames US authorities for organizing
https://twitter.com/USCitizen95

Locked