FLASH OVERRIDE- Power Shut off to Turkey Incirlik Air Base

Reports on current military activity
Encyclopath
Regular contributor

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Is there any indication that the nuclear warheads have already been extricated from the base/country?
That seems wise at this point.

bblock1210

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:40 pm

What I am wondering is if rebel fighters launched from the base. Especially if the base commander and a few pilots were arrested. The Turks might just be taking precautions until they can ensure the base is secured?

Also..a little off topic, but I am watching Sky News and just saw on their crawl that the Turks removed 2,745 judges from duty. I find that interesting.
We're going to rip out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.- Gen. George S. Patton

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Semi-related:
https://www.turkishminute.com/2016/07/1 ... attempted/

also 188 warrants put out for court judges.

Democracy is finished in Turkey.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Slim313shady

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Official confirm that US suspends strikes against ISIS group from Turkey base - AFP

dfreeze

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:57 pm

Janey reporting 20m ago..
Our Greek poster friend is quite right, most if not all remaining coup leaders are trying to get to Greece as fast as their rotor blades will carry them.

I have just been told that they are negotiating with a number of European countries from hideouts in Turkey.

It means that the coup will dissolve but the issue will not as it has just split Turkey down the middle with a fissure that Erdogan cannot easily paper over.

He will try and become increasingly ruthless and despotic no doubt, but there has been a seismic shift on the ground that no amount of bullying will solve.

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:04 pm

"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

MilesN

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Slim313shady wrote:That not good.I think international law says that cut power off and block embassies is act of war?Correct me if i wrong?
You are wrong. Diplomatic premises enjoys immunity, yes and according to 1963 Vienna convention, break-in on any grounds whatsoever is illegal. But firstly, there is no break-in,only power shut-off. And it is NOT embassy we are talking about here. Secondly, even violation I mentioned above is no legal casus belli, The only legal one is, according to UN Charter, an attack on country's territory by military of the other country and only with respect to attacking country. And no, embassies DO NOT enjoys exterritoriality. It is NOT considered territory of the other country, it just had privelege of immunity from SOME of the laws of recieving country. Besides. since when a military installation, like airbase, is considered diplomatic premises?

eji

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:31 pm

I don't see this ending well if there are nukes there

Slim313shady

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:33 pm

MilesN wrote:
Slim313shady wrote:That not good.I think international law says that cut power off and block embassies is act of war?Correct me if i wrong?
You are wrong. Diplomatic premises enjoys immunity, yes and according to 1963 Vienna convention, break-in on any grounds whatsoever is illegal. But firstly, there is no break-in,only power shut-off. And it is NOT embassy we are talking about here. Secondly, even violation I mentioned above is no legal casus belli, The only legal one is, according to UN Charter, an attack on country's territory by military of the other country and only with respect to attacking country. And no, embassies DO NOT enjoys exterritoriality. It is NOT considered territory of the other country, it just had privelege of immunity from SOME of the laws of recieving country. Besides. since when a military installation, like airbase, is considered diplomatic premises?
I mean shut-off power on bases and emassy.Thank you for information :).

Vulyem

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:35 pm

eji wrote:I don't see this ending well if there are nukes there
Really depends on how turkey plays this out, one fact we know is if they make any move for the nukes the US will call article 5 most likely.