Warplane Crashes in Syria near Turkish Border

Reports on current military activity
Experiment632
Regular contributor

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Russia confirms its jet was shot down near Turkish border
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey shot down a Russian fighter plane Tuesday — a long-feared crisis in Syria's civil war and apparently the first time a NATO member has downed a Russian plane in a half-century. At least one of the pilots was reported killed.
Russian President Vladimir Putin called Turkey's action a "stab in the back by the terrorists' accomplices" and warned of "significant consequences," and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov cancelled a visit to Turkey which had been planned for Wednesday.
At Turkey's request, NATO's governing body called an emergency meeting.
http://news.yahoo.com/report-turkey-sho ... 34904.html

Klown

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:35 pm

thought i share this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-nBmsng1Q

Live RT converge on you tube

Xexmi
Regular contributor

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:37 pm

With Russia saying it was an "unfriendly act" ( The rhetoric isn't "This is an act of war"), the US not wanting to get deeply involved and EU calling to de-escalate I do not see this as being a spark for WW3 however certainly a bad incident.

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:42 pm

oh boy oh boy, this is not good. oh boy. oh jeezuz. holy jeezuz.

thats someone who over reacts. or is it?

I cant see this going in a good direction, but the russian people may be yelling for revenge and Putin would have to give it to them or look weak in the eyes of the world. If its a military act that he uses to respond with then NATO will have to respond militarily as well, and if we dont then NATO wont be the alliance everyone thought it would be, possibly giving the russians free reign into Europe and America looking like the weakest link of them all since we are the world military power promising everyone their freedom.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ General George S. Patton- WW2
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
~ U.S. Marines

jjjppp11
Regular contributor

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Oswald wrote:Turkish officials now claiming Russian pilots alive, despite images/video surfacing of what appears to be a dead Russian pilot
This is the biggest detail that would involve whether Russian Action occurs.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice"

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:48 pm

jjjppp11 wrote:
Oswald wrote:Turkish officials now claiming Russian pilots alive, despite images/video surfacing of what appears to be a dead Russian pilot
I agree, a dead man would almost call for russian intervention. BTW were they in Turkeys zone or what turkey claims to be their zone thats towards the middle east?
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~ U.S. Marines

jjjppp11
Regular contributor

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:51 pm

DirtyDevil69 wrote:
jjjppp11 wrote:
I agree, a dead man would almost call for russian intervention. BTW were they in Turkeys zone or what turkey claims to be their zone thats towards the middle east?
From what I can infer, it seems that Turkey DOES NOT have custody of these pilots, but they were instead captured by some faction in Syria. Makes sense...especially because the plane landed in Syria to begin with...

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:54 pm

jjjppp11 wrote:
DirtyDevil69 wrote:
jjjppp11 wrote:
From what I can infer, it seems that Turkey DOES NOT have custody of these pilots, but they were instead captured by some faction in Syria. Makes sense...especially because the plane landed in Syria to begin with...
Alright so Turkey had almost no right to shoot down this jet...just great.
~ U.S. Marines

jjjppp11
Regular contributor

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:56 pm

DirtyDevil69 wrote:
jjjppp11 wrote:
DirtyDevil69 wrote:
Yep...Makes it even worse. I sadly have to agree with the Kremlin on this one; "Turkey stabbed Russia in the back."

DirtyDevil69
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:57 pm

jjjppp11 wrote:
DirtyDevil69 wrote:
jjjppp11 wrote:
Yep...Makes it even worse. I sadly have to agree with the Kremlin on this one; "Turkey stabbed Russia in the back."
Not just Russia, but the entire NATO alliance, because if military action does take place, NATO has to respond. Hopefully russia just does a blockade or something, nothing stupid like bombing or invasion or something.
~ U.S. Marines