US warns Russia and Turkey

Reports on current military activity
RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:13 pm

Turkey agrees to temporarily halt operations in Northern Turkey to allow Kurdish-led forces to leave the area.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:39 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:41 pm
Incognito wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 am
October 16, 2019 Trump appears to confirm open secret about US nuclear weapons in Turkey (CNN) https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics ... index.html
I didn't know this was a secret.
Yeah that's been known since the 70's that U.S has been keeping MGM-31 Pershing Missiles in Turkey for a really looong time.

Sure after the Cuban Missile Crisis US ""got rid of"" the Pershing Missiles in Turkey, but we all know that's a load of shit. They have been there for decades and never left to this day.

Infact probably more nuclear weapons in Turkey now then back when due to recent political crisis between Moscow and Washington over Ukraine, Syria, and else where.
There is a war on woman! #VoteThemOut

Bravo

Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:20 pm

I thought, the Pershing Rockets in Turkey were replaced by B61 after the Cuba Incident?
Sorry for my bad english

#Noislamineurope

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:32 pm

KimPossible wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:39 pm
DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:41 pm
Incognito wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 am
October 16, 2019 Trump appears to confirm open secret about US nuclear weapons in Turkey (CNN) https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics ... index.html
I didn't know this was a secret.
Yeah that's been known since the 70's that U.S has been keeping MGM-31 Pershing Missiles in Turkey for a really looong time.

Sure after the Cuban Missile Crisis US ""got rid of"" the Pershing Missiles in Turkey, but we all know that's a load of shit. They have been there for decades and never left to this day.

Infact probably more nuclear weapons in Turkey now then back when due to recent political crisis between Moscow and Washington over Ukraine, Syria, and else where.
LOL, Your a missile generation to late. It was the Jupiter nuclear missiles the US had in Turkey, that were negotiated in the Cuban missile Crisis.

Nuclear missiles were never moved back into Turkey after the old Jupiter's left, which we were decommissioning anyway. Pershing's were never set up in Turkey.

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:29 am

I thought it was gravity bombs. Not missiles.

rudemarine
Regular contributor

Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Yingyang wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:29 am
I thought it was gravity bombs. Not missiles.
Yes that is what we might have there now, B-61 Gravity bombs. During the Cuban Missile Crisis we offered to remove our old Jupiter missiles from Turkey if they pulled their missiles out of Cuba. The offer worked and we didn't have to incinerate Cuba. Would the Soviets have retaliated against CONUS, probably not. Better to hold on to your country than to lose it all.

My 7 th grade school teacher was a radar tech on one of the destroyers in that blockade. They were all ready to fight but terrified they were sitting ducks with the Soviet premier and Castro being lunatics in their eyes.

The scary thing is they had a lot of hidden nuclear missiles ready to fire and we only thought they had a few that would be ready by a certain time. Had the US did anything but an overwhelming sneak attack that decapitated them, they would have shot back from Cuba at Florida and the rest of the bases all the way up to D.C.