Pakistan/India - March 2, 2019

Reports on current military activity
krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 8755
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 pm

There have been no reports of ceasefire violation by Pakistan along the Line of Control in Poonch and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir since Saturday night, even as the Army has been put on high alert, officials said.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... epage=true

MilAlert

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:13 am

Question for anyone (particularly DWS Staff)
Many (relatively) credible accounts in the past few days have been mentioning RUMINT which would suggest that india is planning further strikes/operations in the next few months. I understand the idea of further military action after the national elections in india, but what other info could be at play here? What would make these accounts suggest further military action is expected in the near future?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Natsecjeff/s ... 9060734976

https://mobile.twitter.com/Natsecjeff/s ... 6911784960

What kind of escalation is being referenced here??

User avatar
DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 5815
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:47 pm

MilAlert wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:13 am
Question for anyone (particularly DWS Staff)
Many (relatively) credible accounts in the past few days have been mentioning RUMINT which would suggest that india is planning further strikes/operations in the next few months. I understand the idea of further military action after the national elections in india, but what other info could be at play here? What would make these accounts suggest further military action is expected in the near future?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Natsecjeff/s ... 9060734976

https://mobile.twitter.com/Natsecjeff/s ... 6911784960

What kind of escalation is being referenced here??
With the election in India coming up, it pays for India to keep the pressure up on Pakistan.

I doubt that India will take provocative action, but they will likely be very sensitive to any perceived threat, making action on India's part more likely than not should something else happen.

If things remain as they are, though, we may have seen the last of this round of hostilities.

User avatar
La3emeguerremondiale
.
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: France / French
Contact:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:32 pm

Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Monday cautioned that Pakistan would not hesitate to use its nuclear arsenal if it felt it was losing out against India in a conventional battle.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pakista ... gh-2002519

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 8755
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm

An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) of Pakistan was shot down by the Indian Air Force (IAF) near the International Border over Bikaner in Rajasthan on Monday, defence sources said.

“An aerial intrusion was detected around 11.30 a.m. from across the International Border over Bikaner. Su-30MKIs [fighter jets] were scrambled, and the Pakistani UAV was shot down with an air-to-air missile,” a defence source said.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... epage=true

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 8755
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm

The armies of India and Pakistan on Monday exchanged heavy fire and shelling along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Reports said the shelling started around 5:30 pm in Shahpur area of the district.

https://m.greaterkashmir.com/news/pir-p ... 15093.html

User avatar
RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst
Posts: 2121
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Contact:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:40 am

La3emeguerremondiale wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:32 pm
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Monday cautioned that Pakistan would not hesitate to use its nuclear arsenal if it felt it was losing out against India in a conventional battle.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pakista ... gh-2002519
This has long been Pakistan's nuclear policy.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

User avatar
Travis The Dragon
Regular contributor
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:24 am

So much for things calming down. It's too bad that they can't split the LoC area in half between each other and stop all this madness.
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
Albert Einstein

Obreid
Regular contributor
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:51 am

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:42 am

Travis The Dragon wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:24 am
So much for things calming down. It's too bad that they can't split the LoC area in half between each other and stop all this madness.
Milenia old village, cultural, trade, and religious overlap.
First milenial reality on ground can’t be forced to fit in second millennium geo-politics. That or the previous is constantly manipulated by the needs of the former.
Same reason were along way from a democratic-republic working in these same regions of the world. That was the real hubris or the Afghan/Iraq war.
I’m not even sure our resurrected democratic-republic government will survive the next decade.

Long live the new King - whoever that ends up being.
In fifteen years we’ll be tearing our communities apart just like Bosnia, Serbia, Syria, and the numerous “stans”.

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff
Posts: 8755
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 am

The Pakistan Navy on Tuesday claimed it had thwarted an attempt by an Indian submarine to enter the country’s territorial waters.

The report comes after tensions flared up between the two nuclear-armed neighbours following a terror attack claimed by Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in which 40 Central Reserve Police Force personnel were killed in Kashmir’s Pulwama district on February 14.

The Pakistan Navy also shared a footage with the media, which it said was “actual”. The image showed that the footage was made at 2035 hours on March 4.

“The Pakistan Navy used its specialised skills to ward off the submarine, successfully keeping it from entering Pakistani waters,” a spokesperson said in a statement.

The Indian submarine was not deliberately targeted by Pakistan, to give peace a chance, the spokesperson said.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... epage=true

Post Reply