Nail bomb kills at least ten and injures 50 on St Petersburg metro after 'terrorist' places briefcase onto train moments

The world is a dangerous place, and nuclear war isn't the only threat.
ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:54 pm

A nail bomb placed onto a train by a suspected terrorist has ripped through a carriage inSt Petersburg killing at least 12 people and injuring 50 more today.

The terrifying incident, which is being investigated as a terror attack by officials who say the killer has been captured on CCTV, took place on a train that was travelling between Sennaya Ploshchad and Sadovaya metro stations.

The attack has left dozens injured, including children, after it was reported a man left a briefcase on the train before moving carriages moments before the deadly blast and a second explosive device was found and defused in a nearby station.

Vladimir Putin is in his hometown of St Petersburg today for talks with the president of Belarus and has confirmed 'there are dead and injured' and offered his condolences to the families of those killed.

The Kremlin leader, who wanted to visit the scene in the aftermath of the attack but was held back by security services, said: 'I have already spoken to the head of our special services, they are working to ascertain the cause of the blasts.

I haven't heard the phrase "nail bomb" since the early 90's. I wonder if this will become the norm in the near future? The bigger question is, was this done as a single act of terror, or a rehearsal for a bigger event?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sburg.html
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun

usafshortwave

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 pm

It's a little worrisome knowing that whoever did it is still on the loose too, unless I missed something in the last half hour.

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Brad Dormer wrote:It's a little worrisome knowing that whoever did it is still on the loose too, unless I missed something in the last half hour.
No suspects have been detained yet. So far only the bomber knows who did it. More may be on the way.
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:38 pm

A second bomb was found and blown in place. The bomber is possibly Chechen with ISIS ties.
Via Twitter

Also: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 64706.html

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Current BDA, 14 KIA, 60 wounded. One of the actors was a suicide bomber that detonated his IED.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 am

ThunderStealer wrote:Current BDA, 14 KIA, 60 wounded. One of the actors was a suicide bomber that detonated his IED.
I can confirm. I bet we probably all know how would do something like this. Russia has made a lot of enemies with there bombing campaigns in Syria.
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Drumboy44 wrote:
ThunderStealer wrote:Current BDA, 14 KIA, 60 wounded. One of the actors was a suicide bomber that detonated his IED.
I can confirm. I bet we probably all know how would do something like this. Russia has made a lot of enemies with there bombing campaigns in Syria.
It definitely fits the mold for "one type" of person or belief system.