Incorrect Time Zone for NK

Feedback to the Admin and Staff of the DEFCON Warning System. Comments and suggestions welcome regarding the System or the Message Board or any part of the DEFCON Warning System.
willrod1989

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:09 am

Hello, this may seem minor, but I figured I should bring this to your attention. On the main DWS page, you list the current times for UTC, Washington, Moscow, and Pyongyang. However, the time zone information for Pyongyang is outdated.

You currently have Pyongyang set for UTC +9, which is its former time zone (and the same time zone as Seoul). However, in 2015, they switched to UTC +8:30. Only a half hour difference, but something that I thought should be brought to your attention. :D

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:27 pm

willrod1989 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:09 am
Hello, this may seem minor, but I figured I should bring this to your attention. On the main DWS page, you list the current times for UTC, Washington, Moscow, and Pyongyang. However, the time zone information for Pyongyang is outdated.

You currently have Pyongyang set for UTC +9, which is its former time zone (and the same time zone as Seoul). However, in 2015, they switched to UTC +8:30. Only a half hour difference, but something that I thought should be brought to your attention. :D
Thanks for the info.

The clock is run by an addon, so it is up to the addon author to correct the time. I'll see if we can get that fixed.